Last update: Jan. 4, 2021
Benefit enhancements for Michigan dual special needs plan (DSNP)
In addition to expanding the UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete® plan coverage area to include individuals in six new counties, the following improvements were made to the dual special needs plan (DSNP) in Michigan for 2021.
New or enhanced benefits in 2021:
- Food Allowance: $25 per month available on a debit card to purchase fruits, vegetables, dairy products, meats, breads and more at many retailers. New benefit.
- Prescriptions: $0 drug copays on all tiers of covered generic and name-brand prescription medications with option for home delivery. Removal of copays.
- Virtual Mental Health Visits: $0 copay; members have access to the UnitedHealthcare virtual provider behavioral health team to discuss medical concerns, get a diagnosis and treatment for non-emergency conditions. New benefit.
- Post-Discharge Meal Program: Members can receive up to 42 meals for 21 days, one time per year, after a hospital stay to maintain nutrition. Increase in meal count.
Members will also have the following additional benefits:
- Foot Care
- Fitness Benefit
- Hearing Exam and Hearing Aid Allowance
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) Debit Card
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
- Routine Chiropractic Care
- Virtual Medical Visits
- Vision Exam and Eyewear Credit
If you would like to learn more about the UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete plan, please visit UHCprovider.com/MIdsnp, or contact your Provider Advocate.
Where can members get more information?
Prospective DSNP members can call 855-332-0756, TTY 711, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week. Current members can call 844-368-6883, TTY 711, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week. Members can also visit the UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Michigan Dual Complete plan for more information.