Last update: January 4, 2021
Benefit enhancements for Rhode Island dual special needs plan (DSNP)
The UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete® plan is available for individuals who qualify for both Medicare and Medicaid. The plan has enhanced several benefits for qualified plan participants in 2021.
New or enhanced member benefits for 2021:
- Food Allowance: $25 per month on a debit card to purchase fruits, vegetables, dairy products, meats, breads and more at many retailers. New benefit.
- Transportation: $0 copay for 48 one-way rides to or from non-emergency medical doctor visits or to get prescription medications. New benefit.
- Prescriptions: $0 drug copays on all tiers of covered generic and name-brand prescription medications with option for home delivery. Removal of copays.
- Virtual Mental Health Visits: Members have access to the UnitedHealthcare virtual provider behavioral health team to discuss medical concerns, and get a diagnosis and treatment for non-emergency conditions. New benefit.
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) Debit Card: UnitedHealthcare will provide $210 Quarter/$840 annually on a debit card toward the purchase of over-the-counter products at many retailers or for home delivery. Increase of $20 annually in credits.
Members will also have the following additional benefits:
- Fitness Benefit/Fitbit® Activity Tracker
- Foot Care
- Hearing Exam and Hearing Aid Allowance
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
- Post-Discharge Meal Delivery
- Routine Acupuncture
- Routine Chiropractic
- Vision Exam and Eyewear Credits
- Virtual Medical Visits
If you would like to learn more about the UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete plan, please visit UHCprovider.com/RIdsnp, or contact your Provider Advocate.
Where can members get more information?
Prospective DSNP members can call 855-332-0756, TTY 711, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week. Current members can call 844-368-6883, TTY 711, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week. Members can also visit the UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Rhode Island Dual Complete plan for more information.