On Jan. 1, 2020, UnitedHealthcare will begin serving eligible members who enroll in our Dual Special Needs Plan (D-SNP) – UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete, a Medicare Advantage plan -- in more than 250 new counties across the United States. This expansion will include one state – California -- new to the UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete offering and 17 states that will be expanding coverage by entering new service areas.
Here’s a list of states and counties launching the plan on Jan. 1, 2020:
- Alabama – Calhoun, Limestone, Marshall, and Morgan counties
- California – Alameda, Fresno, Kings and Madera counties
- Colorado – Teller County
- Indiana – Bartholomew, Benton, Blackford, Boone, Carroll, Cass, Clark, Clay, Clinton, Crawford, Daviess, Dearborn, Decatur, Delaware, Dubois, Fayette, Floyd, Fountain, Franklin, Fulton, Gibson, Greene, Hamilton, Harrison, Howard, Jackson, Jasper, Jefferson, Jennings, Knox, Lawrence, Madison, Marshall, Martin, Miami, Newton, Ohio, Orange, Owen, Parke, Perry, Pike, Pulaski, Putnam, Randolph, Ripley, Rush, Scott, Shelby, Spencer, Starke, Sullivan, Switzerland, Tippecanoe, Tipton, Union, Vermillion, Vigo, Wabash, Warren, Washington and White counties
- Iowa – Adair, Cass, Cerro Gordo, Plymouth, Sioux, and Woodbury counties
- Kansas – Atchison, Bourbon, Cherokee, Crawford and Labette counties
- Kentucky – Adair, Anderson, Bath, Bell, Bourbon, Boyd, Boyle, Bracken, Breathitt, Carroll, Carter, Casey, Clark, Clay, Daviess, Elliott, Estill, Fleming, Floyd, Gallatin, Garrard, Grant, Greenup, Hancock, Harlan, Harrison, Henderson, Henry, Jackson, Johnson, Knott, Knox, Laurel, Lawrence, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Lewis, Lincoln, Magoffin, Martin, Mason, McCreary, McLean, Menifee, Mercer, Montgomery, Morgan, Nicholas, Ohio, Owen, Owsley, Pendleton, Pike, Powell, Pulaski, Robertson, Rockcastle, Rowan, Russell, Scott, Taylor, Trimble, Union, Washington, Webster, Whitley and Wolfe counties
- Massachusetts – Hampshire County
- Michigan – Antrim, Arenac, Benzie, Cass, Clare, Crawford, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Lake, Leelanau, Livingston, Manistee, Missaukee, Ogemaw, Osceola, Otsego, Roscommon, Wayne and Wexford counties
- Mississippi – Alcorn, Attala, Chickasaw, Clay, Coahoma, Covington, Greene, Jasper, Jones, Lauderdale, Leake, Lee, Leflore, Monroe, Neshoba, Newton, Oktibbeha, Pearl River, Perry, Pontotoc, Prentiss, Tippah, Tunica and Union counties
- Nebraska – Antelope, Boone, Butler, Clay, Colfax, Cuming, Custer, Dakota, Dixon, Fillmore, Hamilton, Howard, Jefferson, Johnson, Kearney, Knox, Merrick, Nuckolls, Pawnee, Pierce, Platte, Polk, Sherman, Stanton, Thayer, Thurston, Webster and York counties
- New Jersey – Warren County
- New York – Suffolk County
- Ohio – Athens, Belmont and Lawrence counties
- Oklahoma – Mayes, Okmulgee and Rogers counties
- Pennsylvania – Adams, Bradford, Cameron, Clearfield, Delaware, Elk, Fulton, Indiana, McKean, Mifflin, Montgomery, Montour, Potter, Schuylkill, Sullivan, Tioga and Wayne counties
- West Virginia – Hampshire, Harrison, Mineral and Morgan counties
- Wisconsin – Ashland, Barron, Bayfield, Buffalo, Burnett, Chippewa, Douglas, Dunn, Pepin, Pierce, Polk, Rusk, Sawyer, St. Croix and Washburn counties
This is a Medicare Advantage plan for members who qualify for both Medicare and Medicaid. DSNPs are a special type of Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug Plan (MAPD) and must follow existing Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) rules. The UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete Program will reimburse claims according to your UnitedHealthcare contractual Medicare Advantage payment appendix.
For more information, visit UHCprovider.com.