Last modified: January 19, 2021
As of Jan. 18, 2021, Optum Pay offers new expanded functionality designed to make managing payments from UnitedHealthcare more efficient. The updates are based on feedback from health care professionals like you, to help streamline administrative processes and provide more detailed information on claim payments.
Optum Pay is offering a free trial of the new Optum Pay premium features until Feb. 28, 2021.
Enjoy new premium features
- Deeper, broader search history — Access up to three years of payment and remittance search history.
- Claim payment sorting — Organize claims based on reconciliation status.
- Claim count details — Know how many claims have been consolidated into a payment.
Continue accessing features offered by Optum Pay
- Data bundling tools — Easily incorporate aggregated data into your practice management system without having to download files individually.
- Unlimited users — Assign an unlimited number of administrative and general users at your practice.
- Multiple delivery options — Receive remittance advices in the way you prefer — including 835, EPRA or PPRA.
Activate the premium version of Optum Pay today
During the free trial of the new premium functionality, you can experience it first-hand to decide if it’s right for your practice.
- When your trial period ends in a few weeks, you’ll no longer have access to these new features unless the assigned administrator in your practice activates the premium version of Optum Pay.*
- Starting March 1, 2021, those who have upgraded to the premium version of Optum Pay will see fees begin to accrue and will be billed monthly at a per payment rate of 0.5% (taxes may apply). You can track the per payment fees on the View Payments tab or view the month-to-date accrual total on the new Solutions tab. Learn more on billing**
Some features are available free
All health care professionals have access to basic Optum Pay functions, including two users per account, the ability to view one month of payment history, the ability to link your third party billing service to your TIN, 835 files and online access to the remittance and claim details for each payment. The PDF documents will no longer be available on the Optum site, but they’ll be accessible on DocumentVault. No activation is required to access these functions.
Resource: Optum Pay frequently asked questions
*If you are not a provider but a billing service provider, please consult with the practice provider about any decisions you make on their behalf as they will be billed monthly for Optum Pay after the free trial.
**0.5% per payment ($5 for every $1,000 in payments). Billed monthly, taxes may apply. Fees associated with the Optum Pay service will not apply to any payments made to providers resulting from a provider’s participation in the COVID-19 Claims Reimbursement to Health Care Providers and Facilities for Testing, Treatment, and Vaccine Administration for the Uninsured Program or the CARES Act Provider Relief Fund. If you are tax exempt, please email your tax exemption certificate, along with your organization name and TIN to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Optum Pay™ solutions are made possible by Optum Financial, Inc. and its subsidiary Optum Bank, Inc., Member FDIC.