The fastest and preferred communication is electronic. Using EDI to exchange information with us and other payers has many advantages:
- Send and receive information faster
- Identify submission errors immediately and avoid processing delays
- Exchange information with multiple payers
- Reduce paper, postal costs and mail time
- Cut administrative expenses
- If you have a practice management or hospital information system, contact your software vendor to find out what electronic transactions are offered.
- Contact clearinghouses to review which electronic transactions can interact with your software system. Read our Clearinghouse Options page for ideas.
EDI Education and Support
The ASC X12 Technical Report Type 3 publications are the leading resource for EDI Transactions. You can buy the ASC X12 Technical Report Type 3 publications from Washington Publishing at wpc-edi.com.
UHCprovider.com/edi can help you with EDI connectivity, tips to submit claims electronically and better understand the purpose of each available EDI transaction. Our Companion Guides have the required data elements for exchanging EDI transactions with us.