How to Contact River Valley
Care providers who practice in Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin should refer to the “Midwest” references below.
Care providers who practice in Arkansas, Georgia, Tennessee and Virginia should refer to the “Southeast” references in the following grid.
How to Contact Us
Initiate case management and utilization management.
- Congenital Heart Disease: The number on the back of the member’s healthcare ID card.
- Kidney Resource Services: The number on the back of the member’s healthcare ID card.
- Transplant Resource Services
- Fax: 855-250-8157
- Ventricular Assist Devices:
- Fax: 888-936-7246, prompt 2
Online: Claims, Billing & Payments > Submit a Corrected Claim, Claim Reconsideration / Begin Appeal Process
Refer to the Claim Reconsideration, Appeals Process and Resolving Disputes section in Chapter 9: Our Claims Process for more information, or:
P.O. Box 30432
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0432
(Including preauthorization for certain DME. See Cardiology, Radiology, Inpatient Admissions, and End-of-Life Care, for specific contact information)
EDI: See EDI transactions and code sets. We accept EDI 278 submissions directly to UnitedHealthcare or through a clearinghouse.
Online: Prior Authorization & Notifications section (policies, instructions and tips)
Phone: (Inpatient requests only) 877-842-3210, option 3, or the number on the back of the member’s ID card.
Fax: 801-994-1058 (Urgent Appeals Only)
- Online: Prior Authorizations & Notifications section, (policies, instructions and tips)
- Phone: (Inpatient requests only) 877-842-3210, option 3, or call the number on the back of the member’s ID card.
- Fax: 801-994-1058 (Urgent Appeals Only)