UnitedHealthcare Community Plan Significantly Expanding Dual Special Needs Program – UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete
On January 1, 2020, UnitedHealthcare will begin serving eligible members in a Dual Special Needs Plan (D-SNP) – United Healthcare Dual Complete, a Medicare Advantage plan -- in more than 250 new counties across the United States. This expansion includes one state – California -- new to the Dual Complete offering and 17 states that will be expanding coverage by entering new service areas. Below are a list of these states and counties launching the plan on January 1.
- Alabama – Calhoun, Limestone, Marshall, and Morgan counties
- California – Alameda, Fresno, Kings and Madera counties
- Colorado – Teller county
- Indiana – Bartholomew, Benton, Blackford, Boone, Carroll, Cass, Clark, Clay, Clinton, Crawford, Daviess, Dearborn, Decatur, Delaware, Dubois, Fayette, Floyd, Fountain, Franklin, Fulton, Gibson, Greene, Hamilton, Harrison, Howard, Jackson, Jasper, Jefferson, Jennings, Knox, Lawrence, Madison, Marshall, Martin, Miami, Newton, Ohio, Orange, Owen, Parke, Perry, Pike, Pulaski, Putnam, Randolph, Ripley, Rush, Scott, Shelby, Spencer, Starke, Sullivan, Switzerland, Tippecanoe, Tipton, Union, Vermillion, Vigo, Wabash, Warren, Washington and White counties
- Iowa – Adair, Cass, Cerro Gordo, Plymouth, Sioux, and Woodbury counties
- Kansas -- Atchison, Bourbon, Cherokee, Crawford and Labette counties
- Kentucky – Adair, Anderson, Bath, Bell, Bourbon, Boyd, Boyle, Bracken, Breathitt, Carroll, Carter, Casey, Clark, Clay, Daviess, Elliott, Estill, Fleming, Floyd, Gallatin, Garrard, Grant, Greenup, Hancock, Harlan, Harrison, Henderson, Henry, Jackson, Johnson, Knott, Knox, Laurel, Lawrence, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Lewis, Lincoln, Magoffin, Martin, Mason, Mc Creary, Mc Lean, Menifee, Mercer, Montgomery, Morgan, Nicholas, Ohio, Owen, Owsley, Pendleton, Pike, Powell, Pulaski, Robertson, Rockcastle, Rowan, Russell, Scott, Taylor, Trimble, Union, Washington, Webster, Whitley and Wolfe counties
- Massachusetts – Hampshire county
- Michigan – Antrim, Arenac, Benzie, Cass, Clare, Crawford, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Lake, Leelanau, Livingston, Manistee, Missaukee, Ogemaw, Osceola, Otsego, Roscommon, Wayne and Wexford counties
- Mississippi -- Alcorn, Attala, Chickasaw, Clay, Coahoma, Covington, Greene, Jasper, Jones, Lauderdale, Leake, Lee, Leflore, Monroe, Neshoba, Newton, Oktibbeha, Pearl River, Perry, Pontotoc, Prentiss, Tippah, Tunica and Union counties
- Nebraska – Antelope, Boone, Butler, Clay, Colfax, Cuming, Custer, Dakota, Dixon, Fillmore, Hamilton, Howard, Jefferson, Johnson, Kearney, Knox, Merrick, Nuckolls, Pawnee, Pierce, Platte, Polk, Sherman, Stanton, Thayer, Thurston, Webster and York counties
- New Jersey – Warren county
- New York – Suffolk county
- Ohio – Athens, Belmont and Lawrence counties
- Oklahoma – Mayes, Okmulgee and Rogers counties
- Pennsylvania – Adams, Bradford, Cameron, Clearfield, Delaware, Elk, Fulton, Indiana, McKean, Mifflin, Montgomery, Montour, Potter, Schuylkill, Sullivan, Tioga and Wayne counties
- West Virginia – Hampshire, Harrison, Mineral and Morgan counties
- Wisconsin – Ashland, Barron, Bayfield, Buffalo, Burnett, Chippewa, Douglas, Dunn, Pepin, Pierce, Polk, Rusk, Sawyer, St. Croix and Washburn counties
This is a Medicare Advantage plan for members who qualify for both Medicare and Medicaid. DSNPs are a specialized type of Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug Plan (MAPD) and must follow existing Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) rules. The UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete Program will reimburse claims according to your UnitedHealthcare contractual Medicare Advantage payment appendix.
For additional information on the Dual Complete Plan for your area, search health plans by state in the menu bar.