Last update: Dec 23, 2020
Benefit enhancements for Louisiana dual special needs plan (DSNP)
The UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete® plan is available for individuals who qualify for both Medicare and Medicaid. The plan has enhanced several benefits for qualified plan participants in 2020.
New or enhanced member benefits for 2020:
- Food Allowance: $55 per month on a debit card to purchase fruits, vegetables, dairy products, meats, breads and more at many retailers. New benefit.
- Prescriptions: $0 drug copays on all tiers of covered generic and name-brand prescription medications with option for home delivery. Removal of copays.
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) Debit Card: UnitedHealthcare will provide $300 quarterly/$1,200 annually on a debit card toward the purchase of over-the-counter products at many retailers or for home delivery. Increase of $60 annually in credits.
- Transportation: Unlimited one-way rides to plan-approved locations. Increase in one-way rides each year.
- Post-Discharge Meal Program: Members can receive up to 56 meals for 28 days, one time per year, after a hospital stay to maintain nutrition. Increase of 28 meals annually.
- Virtual Mental Health Visits: $0 copay virtual mental health visits to get a private evaluation and treatment for general mental health conditions. New benefit.
Members will also have the following additional benefits:
- Fitness Benefit
- Foot Care
- Hearing Exam and Hearing Aid Allowance
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
- Routine Chiropractic Care
- Virtual Medical Visits
- Vision Exam and Eyewear Credits
If you would like to learn more about the UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete plan, please visit UHCprovider.com/LAdsnp, or contact your Provider Advocate.
Where can members get more information?
Prospective DSNP members can call 855-332-0756, TTY 711, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week. Current members can call 844-368-6883, TTY 711, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week. Members can also visit the UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Louisiana Dual Complete plan for more information.