Last update: Jan. 4, 2021
Benefit enhancements for Mississippi dual special needs plan (DSNP)
In addition to expanding the UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete® plan coverage area to include individuals in 23 new counties, the following improvements were made to the dual special needs plan (DSNP) in Mississippi for 2021.
New or enhanced benefits for 2021:
- Food Allowance: $30 per month on a debit card to purchase fruits, vegetables, dairy products, meats, breads and more at many retailers. New benefit.
- Prescriptions: $0 drug copays on all tiers of covered generic and name-brand prescription medications with option for home delivery. Removal of copays.
- Fitness Benefit: Access to Renew Active™, a fitness program for body and mind to help stay active, at a gym or from home. New benefit.
- Virtual Mental Health Visits: $0 copay virtual mental health visits to get a private evaluation and treatment for general mental health conditions. New benefit.
- Hearing Exam and Hearing Aid Allowance: Annual exam and $2,000 credit every two years for hearing devices. Increase of $900 in credits every two years.
- Routine Chiropractic Care: Members can receive a up to 12 routine chiropractic visits per year for relief of nausea or nerve, muscle or joint pain. Increase of two visits annually.
- Transportation: 60 one-way trips annually to plan approved locations. Increase of 24 one-way trips annually.
- Post-Discharge Meal Program Benefits: Members can receive up to 56 meals for 28 days, one time per year, after a hospital stay to maintain nutrition. Increase of 28 meals annually.
Members will also have the following additional benefits:
- Foot Care
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) Debit Card
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
- Virtual Medical Visits
- Vision Exam and Eyewear Credits
If you would like to learn more about the UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete plan, please visit UHCprovider.com/MSdsnp, or contact your Provider Advocate.
Where can members get more information?
Prospective DSNP members can call 855-332-0756, TTY 711, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week. Current members can call 844-368-6883, TTY 711, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week. Members can also visit the UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Mississippi Dual Complete plan for more information.