Last update: Sept. 30, 2020
The UnitedHealthcare Community & State Plan of Virginia offers members a benefit: Assisting with transportation to healthcare services.
Does a Community Plan member need a ride?
When to call?
- 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday
- Five days in advance
- Routine trips up to 30 days prior
- Standing orders up to 90 days prior
Urgent non- life sustaining trips require urgency verification from the treatment facility
- Hospital discharges
- Sick or follow-up appointments
- Dialysis, chemotherapy, radiation therapy
Who to call?
- CCC Plus: Members call 844-604-2078 Healthcare facilities call: 844-525-1491
- Medallion members call 833-215-3884 Healthcare facilities call: 866-679-6330
- TTY 844-488-9724
Where are these phone numbers found?
- On the back of the Member’s ID card
- Provider Manual
- UHCprovider.com via LINK by reviewing a member’s eligibility and benefits
- Calling provider services
Who to call to report a concern or to cancel a trip?
Ride Assist: 833-215-3885
Required Reservation Request Information
- Member’s Medicaid and UHC ID number
- Member’s Full Name and DOB
- Member’s Pick-Up Address and Phone Number
- Appointment Drop-Off Address and Phone Number
- Member’s Level of Service/Mode of Transportation; Is Caregiver riding with Member?
- Appointment date and time
Additional Accommodation Information
- Member’s height and weight for wheelchair or ambulance transport
- Instructions for the driver such as member special needs or additional information
- PCP appointments are limited to 50 miles
- Specialty appointments are limited to 100 miles
- Excludes air transportation
- FAMIS: 20 one-way trips per year; extra trips require authorization by the health plan
- Meals/Lodging coverage in addition to other information is available, per Provider Services
New Online Reservation Option
- Member and Facility Ride Requests: member.logisticare.com
- Healthcare Facilities Ride Requests: tripcare.logisticare.com