Care Improvement Plus® Special Needs Plans (SNP) plans combine the hospital and doctor coverage of Medicare Parts A and B with Part D prescription drug coverage, plus additional benefits and services designed to meet the unique needs of identified Medicare consumer populations. These plans offer members access to a network of contracted local physicians and hospitals, but also allow them the flexibility to seek covered services from care providers outside of the contracted network. Members do not need a referral for specialty care.
Chronic Condition SNP plans are designed for consumers diagnosed with chronic conditions such as diabetes, chronic heart failure, and/or cardiovascular disorders. These plans offer benefits in addition to those covered under Original Medicare such as routine dental, vision, hearing, transportation, and routine podiatry services. Consumers must have a qualifying chronic condition to enroll.
- Care Improvement Plus Gold Rx (PPO SNP)
Tools and Resources - Care Improvement Plus Silver/Gold/Dual Plans
- HouseCalls Program Overview
- Medicare Advantage Copayment Guidelines
- Medicare Advantage Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Frequently Asked Questions
- Medicare Advantage Home Health Services Frequently Asked Questions
- Medicare Advantage Member Rights and Responsibilities
- Medicare Advantage Non-Contracted Provider Dispute and Appeal Rights
- Medicare Advantage Non-Contracted Provider Claim Payment Dispute Request Form
- Medicare Advantage Preventive Screening Guidelines
- Medicare Advantage Service Area Reduction Frequently Asked Questions
- Readmission Review Program Clinical Guidelines
- Readmission Review Program Frequently Asked Questions
- Special Needs Plans (SNP) Benefit Plan Name Overview
- UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guide
To learn more about UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage plans offered in your area, please visit UHCMedicareSolutions.com and enter your ZIP code.
To learn more about Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage or to access related forms, please review the materials available on UHCMedicareSolutions.com under Our Plans > Medicare Advantage Plans > What Do I Need to Know? > Medicare Advantage Plan Information and Forms.
Reminder for Special Needs Plan Providers
UnitedHealthcare provides Special Needs Plan (SNP) care providers access to SNP beneficiaries' Health Risk Assessments (HRAs) and Individualized Care Plans (ICPs) in a variety of ways including mailing, faxing, uploading to the Provider Portal or placing Individualized Care Plans in the SNP beneficiary's physical and/or electronic chart.
Care providers should be reviewing the SNP beneficiary's Individualized Care Plans and participating with the SNP Interdisciplinary Care Team to coordinate the beneficiary's care. Special Needs Plan care providers can register online at UHCprovider.com to begin accessing and reviewing SNP beneficiary Individualized Care Plans via the Care Conductor App on Link.