The Cancer Support Program (CSP) is a voluntary program offered at no charge to your patients who are:
- Diagnosed with cancer
- Receiving active treatment or end stage management
- In a UnitedHealthcare health plan that has access to the program
This program is designed to complement the services you provide by:
- Supporting your treatment plan and reinforcing the instructions you provide
- Helping ensure your patient understands the medication plan and resolves barriers to obtaining medications
- Resolving healthcare administrative issues to obtain appropriate needed resources for home health, pharmacy or hospice services, if needed
- Supplying access to oncology social workers to assist with community resources, support groups and financial support resources
Members enrolled in this program are assigned to a registered nurse trained in oncology who will provide individualized support, coaching and education to the member and their family caregivers. The program nurse stays in contact with you, the treating physician, as needed.
We encourage you to refer your patients to the CSP and talk with them about participating so we can help you and provide the support they need when they need it most.
For more information or to refer a member, call 866-936-6002 or go to myuhc.phs.com/cancerprograms.