UnitedHealthcare and the American Cancer Society are now offering a cancer screening educational series on UHC On Air to help you engage patients in cancer screening services. Please mark your calendar now for the upcoming Colorectal Cancer Screening broadcast on Sept. 11, 2019, from noon to 1 p.m. Central Time.
Topics will include:
- Colon cancer disease overview
- Types of colorectal cancer screening tests
- Healthcare Effectiveness Data Information Set (HEDIS®) overview
- Colorectal cancer screening HEDIS® measures and National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) technical specifications
- Tips and best practices
- Additional resources
Our aim with this series is to help you increase cancer screening rates for your patients who are our members. This Enduring Material activity, Working Together to Improve Colorectal Cancer Screening (COL) Rates, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 1.00 Elective credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. AAFP certification begins Sept. 11, 2019. Term of approval is for one year from this date. This continuing education credits is available at no cost to you.
How to Participate
Follow these steps to access the cancer screening series:
- Sign in to Link by going to UHCprovider.com and clicking the Link button in the top right corner.
- Select the UHC On Air tool on your Link dashboard, then choose the UHC News Now Channel and then American Cancer Society series.
- Or you can go here and enter your Optum ID to watch the program live on Sept. 11.
At the end of each program, you’ll need to answer a series of questions and pass with at least an 80% to earn the educational credit certificate. You can download
the certificate from your UHC On Air profile and we’ll automatically email a copy to you after completion.
If you have questions about the Cancer Screening series, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll respond within 48 to 72 hours.
HEDIS® is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).