Get Quicker Access to Payment with ACH/Direct Deposit
These last few months have required us to do business differently, be more flexible and be smarter about our health and safety. UnitedHealthcare is here to help you accomplish these new ways of working. We want you to know that our self-service tools, like direct deposit, are designed to help you get paid quicker so you can manage your business better. Our goal is to continue to support, you so you can help others. Managing your cash flow through direct deposit payments is an easy and convenient way to get your payments, so you have more time to take care of your patients.
Throughout the remainder of 2020, UnitedHealthcare will phase out sending paper checks for payments. If you haven’t already done so, please be sure to sign up for Automated Clearing House (ACH)/direct deposit, our preferred method of payment.
Why Choose ACH/Direct Deposit?
- Funds deposited directly into your bank account, so you can get paid without ever coming into the office
- Easy and fast way to get paid
- Improved financial control; no paper checks or remittance information to lose or misplace
- Ability to track customized information online.
What Does This Mean for You?
- If your practice/health care organization is still receiving paper checks, you can enroll in ACH/ direct deposit for your claim payments now
- If your practice/health care organization is already enrolled and receiving your claim payments through direct deposit from Optum Pay™ there is no action you need to take
- If you don’t elect to sign up for ACH/direct deposit, you may receive virtual cards in place of paper checks, as early as Aug. 1, 2020.
If you don’t elect to sign up for ACH/direct deposit, you may receive virtual cards in place of paper checks, as early as Aug. 1, 2020.
We’re Here to Help
If you have received a paper check from UnitedHealthcare in the past two years, you will receive an email or letter from us soon with more details encouraging you to sign up for ACH/direct deposit.
For more information, and to sign for up ACH /direct deposit, visit UHCprovider.com/payment.