To be eligible for payment, you must meet the following telehealth service requirements:
- Comply with the American Medical Association (AMA) and Federation of State Medical Board guidelines, which require all telehealth visits use live interactive audio and video and visual transmission of a physician-patient encounter.
- Use a secure technology platform that meets federal and state requirements for security and confidentiality of electronic member information.
- Comply with all applicable federal and state laws concerning the security and confidentiality of member information, including HIPAA and its governing regulations.
- Maintain member records related to telehealth services in a secure medium that meets federal and state requirements for encryption and security of electronic member information.
- Offer telehealth services in a clean, private space and not in vehicles or public spaces.
- ·Code the telehealth services in accordance with applicable reimbursement policies.
Questions? For additional telehealth resources, visit UHCprovider.com/telehealth.
Interested in telehealth for 2021? Don’t miss 2021 Telehealth Policy Updates.