The fax number, 800-628-0654, will be retired on Feb. 1, 2021.
We have many ways for you to connect with us to more efficiently route your information depending on the request. If you use this fax number please review the information below and based on what you are submitting, begin following the directions provided:
- Pre-Service Prior Authorization requests
Use the Prior Authorization and Notification tool on Link.
- Medical records requested during prior authorization review
Add the records directly to the case using the Prior Authorization and Notification tool on Link or follow the instructions from the reviewer.
- Admission Notifications
Use the HIPAA Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) 278N transaction or the Prior Authorization and Notification tool on Link.
- Medical records to support inpatient concurrent review
Add the records directly to the case using the Prior Authorization and Notification tool on Link or await clinical requests from the Inpatient Care Management team and submit according to the instructions they provide.
- Hospital face sheets and materials not requested by UnitedHealthcare
Please send information only when requested. When we request information, we’ll provide submission instructions.
For information on using the EDI 278N transaction, visit UHCprovider.com/278n.
Using the Prior Authorization and Notification tool on the UnitedHealthcare provider portal
- For access, visit UHCprovider.com/newuser.
- To use the Prior Authorization and Notification tool, go to UHCprovider.com and click “Sign In” using the button in the upper right corner. More information about the tool can be found at UHCprovider.com/paan.
- Need help? Please call the Help Desk at 866-842-3278, option 1. Representatives are available Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. Central Time.
Unable to use our online tools
You can call Provider Services at 877‐842‐3210 to submit a Prior Authorization or Admission Notifications request by phone.
Questions? Please call the number on the member’s ID card or visit UHCprovider.com.
Updated: Jan. 1. 2020