We will no longer send paper checks for claim payments to Community Plan health care professionals in Arizona. This change is part of our efforts to speed up payments to your practice by moving to digital transactions.
You will need to choose between 2 options for receiving payment from UnitedHealthcare:
1. Automated Clearing House (ACH)/direct deposit: We recommend ACH because it’s the quickest form of payment available and there are no fees for the service. Payments can be routed by both the tax ID number (TIN) and National Provider Identifier (NPI) number level.
2. Virtual Card Payment (VCP): If you don’t enroll in ACH, you’ll receive a virtual card payment from Optum Pay™. VCPs are electronic payments that use credit card technology to process claim payments. There is no requirement to share bank account information.
Payment information available online
We recommend using one of the following to view the Provider Remittance Advice (PRA) documents for these electronic payments:
1. Document Vault is our secure online repository of reports and claim-related communication. PRAs are produced at the time of payment processing and available for you to access the next day in Document Vault.
2. Optum Pay basic portal has unlimited users and is available to those who enroll in ACH/direct deposit. You can access up to 13 months of payment data, including downloadable PRAs and 835 files.
3. Optum Pay premium portal is available at no additional cost if you receive VCPs through Optum Pay, or with a 0.5% per payment fee if you choose to enroll. Premium portal access has all the features of the basic portal, as well as additional practice management features and data aggregation tools.
While PRAs are currently being mailed, we will be moving to digital-only access in late 2021 and early 2022.