Last modified: September 13, 2021
Get attendant compensation rate enhancement payments (ACEP) as a Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS) care provider for members enrolled in the UnitedHealthcare Community Plan in Texas.
- UnitedHealthcare ACEP open enrollment is Sept. 1–Nov. 1
During the open enrollment period, you can:
- Submit your annual attestation to your continued participation in the ACEP program
- Amend your Participation Agreement to include the rate enhancement (if it wasn’t added when you initially contracted with our network)
- Update your Participation Agreement Amendment if your rate enhancement level has changed with Texas Health and Human Services certification
How to enroll
- Enroll in the Texas Health and Human Services Commission’s (HHSC) Attendant Compensation Rate Enhancement Program during their open enrollment period
- Information on participating with HHSC can be found at rad.hhs.texas.gov > Long-Term Services & Supports
- Complete the ACEP enrollment form. To access the form, go to UHCprovider.com/txcommunityplan > Provider forms > Attendant compensation rate enhancement request.
- Follow the instructions for completing and submitting the form, and return it to us between Sept. 1 and Nov. 1. (The form must be submitted each year or you will be removed from participation in the program).
If you’re enrolling in the program for the first time, once we receive your form, we’ll mail your updated Participation Agreement so you can sign it. You may also enroll in ACEP when you initially contract with UnitedHealthcare. Contact your provider advocate for more information about enrolling in ACEP when you initially contract with us.
If you’re an existing provider, with or without changes to the rate, we’ll mail you a letter confirming your ACEP amount.
- ACEP payments begin once the amendment is processed and your rate is registered in our claims payment system
- You’ll need to include your rate enhancement amount when submitting claims
- If you’re eligible for the rate enhancement and you complete the form during the enrollment period, we’ll retroactively pay you the enhanced rate for claims going back to Sept. 1, 2021
Call 888-787-4107, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. CT, Monday–Friday.