Last modified: June 14, 2021
UnitedHealthcare Community Plan serves a diverse group of members who have a variety of cultural and language needs. UnitedHealthcare supports care providers in providing competent cultural and language services to its members in a variety of ways.
Here’s what care providers need to know:
- Although the predominant languages spoken by our Maryland members are English and Spanish, we have a significant Vietnamese population
- We provide language assistance to help you communicate with our members that includes a telephone language line, in-person interpreters and video services
- We have tools to promote cultural awareness and assist care providers in recognizing and treating health disparities
- Resources and tools are available at UHCprovider.com/MDCommunityPlan
- A Quick Reference Guide – Understanding Cultural Competency and the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Cross Cultural Health Care Program
- Cultural Orientation Resource Center
For more information on how to get language assistance and interpreter services, call Provider Services at 877-842-3210.