Last update: June 16, 2020
Prior Authorization (PAAN) is a powerful tool in Link. It helps you check requirements, submit requests, upload medical notes, check status and update cases ─ all without faxing or calling.
When you submit a prior authorization request for select services and members through PAAN, you’re prompted to provide clinical information that helps us evaluate your request and supports faster decisions. We regularily make enhancments by adding service categories.
The following enhacements will now be included in PAAN:
- June: Durable Medical Equipment (DME), beginning in June.
- July: Select services for UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage members.
― Services include:
- Cochlear Implantes & Hearing Devices
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy
- Proton Beam Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
- Sleep and Vein
For more information about enhancements and all the included service categories, refer to our Interactive Guide for Prior Authorization and Notification.
Questions? Call the UnitedHealthcare Connectivity Help Desk at 866-842-3278, option1, from 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. Central Time, Monday - Friday.