Medica HealthCare’s Simple Referral Process helps Primary Care Physicians coordinate patient care.
Referrals are needed for most participating specialists.* Requests for non-participating care providers need additional authorization.
- You may request a referral for one or multiple visits.
- The referral is good for the number of visits approved, valid for six months from the date issued.
- No supporting documentation is needed for referrals to specialists.
- Submit all requests for referrals through our online provider portal on UHCprovider.com/referral.
- Upon submitting a referral request, the system automatically generates the referral number.
- For member convenience, you may also provide members with a copy of the referral confirmation.
- Specialists have the ability to view referral via UnitedHealthcare portal.
- For additional questions call us at 877-670-8432 or email us at pcp-NetworkManagementServices@uhcsouthflorida.com.