Advance Notifications, Prior Authorizations, Admission Notifications
- Phone: 877-842-3210
- EDI: See EDI transactions and code sets on UHCprovider.com/edi.
We accept EDI 278 submissions directly to UnitedHealthcare or through a clearinghouse. Be sure to include the CPT codes for your request.
- Online: UHCprovider.com/priorauth
- Phone: United Voice Portal, 877-842-3210
- Fax: Only Admission Notifications to 844-831-5077.
Submit Advance Notifications and Prior Authorizations online or by calling 877-842-3210. See member’s health care ID card for specific service contact information.
Standard Pre-Service Appeals
PO Box 30559
Salt Lake City, UT 84130
Prior authorization of cardiology services as described in the Outpatient Cardiology Notification/Prior Authorization Protocol section of this guide.
Online: UHCprovider.com/cardiology; select the Go to Prior Authorization and Notification App.
Quality Managed Healthcare, Inc.
EDI: UHCprovider.com/edi., Payer ID: 87726
The ERA Payer ID number is also changing to 87726. If you would like to receive 835 ERA files for NHP, or if you currently receive 835 ERA files for NHP under Payer ID 95123 or 96107, please contact your vendor to enroll under Payer ID 87726. The health care ID card for members who have transitioned indicates payer ID 87726.
Online: UHCprovider.com/claims (policies, instructions and tips)
Phone: 877-842-3210 (follow the prompts for status information)
P.O. Box 740800
Atlanta, GA 30374-0800
- Verify Primary Care Physician
- Verify eligibility and benefits
- Check claim(s) status
- Obtain status of referrals
- Office visit copay
- Inpatient copay
- Prescription drug copay (if applicable)
EDI: Transactions 270 (Inquiry) and 271 (Response) through your vendor or clearinghouse
Link: Use the Prior Authorization and Advance Notification tool at UHCprovider.com/paan.
Online: UHCprovider.com/Oncology > Commercial Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy Program (program information)
Optum Behavioral Health
Foot and Ankle Network (FAN)
Prior Authorization and Advance Notification
EDI: Transactions (278A) and (278N).
Phone: 877-842-3210 (if you do not have access to electronic services)
Prior authorization of radiology services as described in the Outpatient Radiology Notification/Prior Authorization Protocol section of this guide.
United Behavioral Health (UBH), operating under the brand Optum.
- Congenital Heart Disease: 877-842-3210
- Kidney Resource Services: 877-842-3210
- Ventricular Assist Devices: 877-842-3210 or fax 855-282-8929
- Transplant Resource Services: 877-842-3210 or fax 855-250-8157