We recognize that revenue cycle management companies (RCMs) perform many types of work on behalf of care providers, and we want to help you take advantage of using the same self-service tools they do.
We ran a pilot with a national RCM to see how we could help them optimize their use of these self-service tools. After working together, their phone calls to UnitedHealthcare decreased by 97 percent1. According to CAQH data, eligibility and claims calls together average 12 minutes and cost $5.37 each2. Comparable Link and EDI transactions take less than a minute3 so the savings can really add up. Interested in decreasing your phone calls to save time and money?
How the Program Works
- Tax ID numbers serviced by your staff (we keep your client list confidential)
- Outbound phone numbers used to call UnitedHealthcare
- Optum IDs used to sign in to Link (not the passwords)
- Best practices to help increase your productivity
- The know-how to get started with EDI or take full advantage of its increasing capabilities
- Help with Multi-TIN set-up in Link
- Customized Link training, including:
- Paperless claim reconsiderations
- Accessing documents online
- Help and training for your offshore vendors
How You'll Benefit:
- Self service is proven to help RCM staff complete more work in less time.
- Increased productivity could create capacity for additional clients and may increase revenue.
- You’ll have a chance to influence enhancements we make to our systems to help make them work even better for RCMs.
A small investment of your time to work with us can have big rewards!
Here’s an example of time and money your company could save by increasing your use of self-service tools.
1 Analysis performed by UnitedHealthcare after the pilot program with a national RCM completed in September 2018.
2Average time calculated from pages 8 and 18 of the 2018 CAQH Index. Average cost calculated using the Manual Provider Cost for Eligibility and Benefit Verification and Claims Status Inquiry in Table 1 of the 2018 CAQH Index. https://www.caqh.org/sites/default/files/explorations/index/report/2018-index-report.pdf
3 Link transaction times were determined based on user testing in February 2016.
Insurance coverage provided by or through UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company, All Savers Insurance Company, Oxford Health Insurance, Inc. or their affiliates. Health Plan coverage provided by UnitedHealthcare of Arizona, Inc., UHC of California DBA UnitedHealthcare of California, UnitedHealthcare Benefits Plan of California, UnitedHealthcare of Colorado, Inc., UnitedHealthcare of Oklahoma, Inc., UnitedHealthcare of Oregon, Inc., UnitedHealthcare of Texas, LLC, UnitedHealthcare Benefits of Texas, Inc., UnitedHealthcare of Utah, Inc. and UnitedHealthcare of Washington, Inc., Oxford Health Plans (NJ), Inc. and Oxford Health Plans (CT), Inc., or other affiliates. Administrative services provided by United HealthCare Services, Inc., OptumRx, OptumHealth Care Solutions, Inc., Oxford Health Plans LLC or their affiliates. Behavioral health products are provided by U.S. Behavioral Health Plan, California (USBHPC), United Behavioral Health (UBH) or its affiliates.