UnitedHealthcare MedicareDirect health care plans are Private Fee-For-Service (PFFS) plans that provide Medicare beneficiaries with a wide variety of health care benefits, often at a lower cost than Original Medicare. Members of UnitedHealthcare MedicareDirect plans are still covered under the Medicare program and have federally regulated rights and protections.
- UnitedHealthcare MedicareDirect Essential (PFFS) – no drug coverage
- UnitedHealthcare MedicareDirect Rx (PFFS) – with drug coverage
While the exact benefits will vary depending on the specific plan, UnitedHealthcare MedicareDirect plans provide members the option to seek care from any Medicare-eligible care provider without a referral, as long as the care provider agrees to the plan's terms, conditions and payment rates.
Tools & Resources
- Medicare Non-Contracted Provider Dispute/Appeal Rights
- Medicare Advantage Non-Participating Provider Claim Payment Dispute Request Form
- 2018 Medicare Advantage Service Area Reduction Frequently Asked Questions
- 2017 Medicare Advantage Preventive Services Coding Guidelines
- 2017 UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage Plans – PFFS Benefit Plan Name Overview
- UnitedHealthcare MedicareDirect (PFFS) Uncollectible Amounts (Bad Debt) Submittal Form
To learn more about Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage or to access related forms, please review the materials available on UHCMedicareSolutions.com under Our Plans > Medicare Advantage Plans > What Do I Need to Know? > Medicare Advantage Plan Information and Forms.