UnitedHealthcare offers Medicare Advantage preferred provider organization (PPO) plans under the Piedmont brand. These plans include benefits in addition to those covered under Original Medicare, including Part D prescription drug coverage.
Piedmont plans are available in select counties in Virginia.
- Piedmont Select Medicare Option One (Local PPO)
- Piedmont Select Medicare Option Two (Local PPO)
- Piedmont Select Medicare Option Three (Local PPO)
Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans offer members access to a network of contracted physicians and hospitals, but also allow them the flexibility to seek covered services from outside of the contracted network, usually at a higher cost. Members do not need a referral for specialty care.
PPO plans are available as either local PPO (certain counties within a state) or regional PPO (RPPO) offerings. RPPOs serve a larger geographic area - either a single state or a multi-state area. RPPOs offer the same premiums, benefits and cost-sharing requirements to all members in the region.
Tools and Resources - Piedmont Plans
- Piedmont Health Plans – Frequently Asked Questions for Providers
- HouseCalls Program Overview
- Medicare Advantage Plans - Benefit Plan Name Overview
- Medicare Advantage Chiropractic and Acupuncture Coverage – Quick Reference Guide
- Medicare Advantage Copayment Guidelines
- Medicare Advantage Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Frequently Asked Questions
- Medicare Advantage Home Health Services Frequently Asked Questions
- Medicare Advantage Member Rights and Responsibilities
- Medicare Advantage Non-Contracted Provider Dispute and Appeal Rights
- Medicare Advantage Non-Contracted Provider Claim Payment Dispute Request Form
- Medicare Advantage Preventive Screening Guidelines
- Optum Behavioral Health Referral Process
- Readmission Review Program Clinical Guidelines
- Readmission Review Program Frequently Asked Questions
- UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guide
UnitedHealthcare Medicare National Network (Note: The National Network is not available in all plans. Please check the front of the member ID card for the National Network logo to verify that a plan has National Network. Members with the National Network will not need to activate Passport.)
- Piedmont Health Plans – 2020 Pharmacy Directory
- Piedmont Health Plans – Alternative Drug List
- Piedmont Health Plans - Comprehensive Formulary Search Online
- Piedmont Health Plans - Comprehensive Formulary as of March 1, 2020
- Piedmont Health Plans – Mail Service Order Form
- Piedmont Health Plans – Prior Authorization Criteria
- Piedmont Health Plans – Step Therapy Criteria
To learn more about UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage plans offered in your area, please visit UHCMedicareSolutions.com and enter your ZIP code.