As a new payer in Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota, UnitedHealthcare has an extraordinary opportunity to collaborate with local care providers in serving our members in the communities we call home.
A welcome message for you from your team at UnitedHealthcare:
With our broad network of contracted care providers, health care services come from local physicians and hospitals that many plan members know and trust. For more information about the plans and products we offer, please review the health plans available in each state.
Credentialing is required for all licensed independent practitioners and facilities participating in the UnitedHealthcare networks prior to seeing UnitedHealthcare members. View UnitedHealthcare’s 2017-2019 Credentialing Plan.
UnitedHealthcare’s credentialing relationship with Medica ended on Aug. 31, 2018.
Beginning Sept. 1, 2018, all licensed practitioners and facilities contracted with UnitedHealthcare will need to begin credentialing directly with us and complete the process by Feb. 28, 2019.
Sept. 1, 2018 through Jan. 31, 2019, we’ll credential care providers for ongoing participation in our network. We work with Aperture, a credentials verification organization, to complete this process. You may receive communications from UnitedHealthcare and/or Aperture, on our behalf, during this process.
Care providers can start the process today by submitting their credentialing application to the Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH) or Minnesota Credentialing Collaborative (MCC).
- Option 1: Nationally, UnitedHealthcare is a member of the CAQH. CAQH ProView™ is a web-based credentialing application portal that streamlines the credentialing process for health care professionals. Visit proview.caqh.org/pr to learn more.
- Option 2: UnitedHealthcare is now a member of the Minnesota Credentialing Collaborative (MCC), offering ApplySmart, a provider credentialing application website for licensed practitioners practicing in Minnesota, North Dakota or South Dakota. Visit mncred.org for more information on MCC.
Care providers who will be new to serving UnitedHealthcare members after Sept. 1, 2018
Please follow the credentialing process outlined in our credentialing section at UHCprovider.com/join.
Or call us at 877-842-3210 to request to be a participating care provider:
- At the prompt, enter your Tax Identification Number (TIN).
- Select Credentialing.
- Select Medical.
- Select Join the Network.
- You will be transferred to a provider service representative who will request information about your practice.
National Ancillary and Specialty Pharmacy
If you are an ancillary care provider with national coverage and would like to request consideration for participation as a National Ancillary provider, or are a Specialty Pharmacy provider and would like to request consideration for participation in our Specialty Pharmacy network, please submit your request to email@example.com.
Events and Milestones
- Jan. 1, 2019: UnitedHealthcare’s Radiology and Cardiology prior authorization requirements are effective
- Jan. 1, 2019: UnitedHealthcare large employer membership previously accessing the Medica network begin to access the UHC network upon renewal (see Frequently Asked Questions for more information)
Provider Service Center
UnitedHealthcare’s commitment to building strong partnerships with local care providers includes the creation of a provider call center based in Minnetonka, MN. This team will address concerns, answer questions and connect you to available tools and resources to make your job easier. Call 877-842-3210, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Central Time Monday – Friday.
Provider Network Management Team
Contact your local team if you have questions about your UnitedHealthcare contract.
Provider Relations Team
We’re an experienced team that lives and works near you so we can better support you in delivering an excellent patient experience. We’re here to help if you’re not able to get what you need from our self-service tools or the Provider Service Center.
- Getting Started Quick Link: 01/01/2019 Tip Sheet
- Radiology Prior Authorization and Notification program
- Cardiology Prior Authorization and Notification program
- FAQ: UnitedHealthcare’s Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Western Wisconsin Network Expansion
- Member ID Card Changes
- Tips When Contacting Provider Services
UHC On Air – Training programs available for:
- UnitedHealthcare Radiology and Cardiology Program for Minnesota