With Document Vault, You Can:
- Access reports
- View claim letters for most UnitedHealthcare Commercial and Medicare members
- Get prior authorization letters for UnitedHealthcare Commercial, Medicare and UnitedHealthcare West members
- Search and filter letters
- Flag items for convenient viewing
- Download and print documents
- Document Vault Overview
- Document Vault & Paperliess Delivery Options Quick Reference Guide
- Paperless Delivery Options
- Sign in to Link for a Document Vault tutorial in UHC On Air
How to Access Document Vault
Sign in to Link by going to UHCprovider.com and clicking on the Link button in the top right corner. Then, click on the padlock icon in the top right of your Link dashboard.
Available Reports and Letters
- Claim letters for most UnitedHealthcare commercial and Medicare members
- Prior authorization letters for UnitedHealthcare commercial, UnitedHealthcare Medicare and UnitedHealthcare West members
- Coming soon! Claim and prior authorization letters for Medicaid
Static report documents appear in the My Documents section on the Document Vault home page. You can navigate through folders to access these reports, or search for reports based on criteria such as creation date, TIN or claim number.
- Hospital Performance Based Compensation Reports
- Learn more about Physician Performance Based Compensation Reports (PCOR, PCMI, PCPi)
- Peer Comparison Reports for PCPs
- UnitedHealthcare Reports
- UnitedHealthcare West Reports
Paperless Delivery Options
If you use Document Vault to access claim letters, your Link Password Owner may turn off delivery of paper copies in the mail. The Paperless Delivery Options tool can send daily or weekly email notifications to alert you to new letters that have been added to your Document Vault. With our flexible delivery options, you decide when and where the emails are sent for each type of letter. The Paperless Delivery Options tool is only available to Link Password Owners..
Storage Timeframes for Letters
Claim and prior authorization letters are stored in Document Vault for six months. Claim letters can also be found in claimsLink until they’re 18 months old.
Document Vault Security and What You Can See in Document Vault
Document Vault uses your Optum ID to identify you as a member of your organization and to determine your role. You will only see the reports and correspondence that someone at your organization with your role is authorized to see.
Need Help with Document Vault?
Document Vault documentation provides instructions and information for using Document Vault and may also include documentation about the reports you have access to. All Document Vault users have access to Document Vault documentation. Follow the steps below to access Document Vault documentation.
- Access Document Vault by signing in to Link, clicking on the padlock icon in the top right of your Link dashboard.
- In the My Documents area of the Document Vault home page, click the Documentation & Reference folder. You will see links to the available documents in the Document Name column.
- Click a document link to open the document or click the download icon to save it to your computer.