Last modified: October 27, 2021
We are pleased to introduce our Comprehensive Medication Management (CMM) program, a patient-centered, interactive review of current medications that may include prescription and non-prescription medications, as well as herbal supplements.
This pharmacist-led program evaluates medication therapy for indication, effectiveness, safety and adherence, and includes data obtained through pharmacy claims, medical claims and patient reporting.
This program is available to UnitedHealthcare® Community Plan, commercial and Medicare & Retirement plan members.
- Patient opt-in and release of information. This patient-centered initiative is an “opt-in” program. Prior to any notification or request for information going out, the participating individual has a conversation with a team member who will explain the program. Individuals who “opt-in” agree to engage with the clinical pharmacist and are enrolled for a period of up to 12 months, as clinically indicated. Additional consent is requested to share information with their treating providers and back to the health plan.
- Outreach to you. Information shared with you contains information across all of the patient’s health care professionals and supports collaboration on behalf of your patient
- Physician action. You may receive notification via fax. The notification will include a list of current medications and recommendation(s) to act on 1 or more medications you are prescribing where there may be an opportunity for therapy optimization. The notification/request has 3 steps:
- Review and respond to recommendations
- Sign and return completed form within 14 days (optional)
- Communicate all prescription changes with the patient and to the patient’s dispensing pharmacy (if applicable)
Our goal is to be of service to both you and your patient, specifically with regard to medication therapy.
Current and pending markets
Active UnitedHealthcare Community Plan markets include:
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rhode Island
Active UnitedHealthcare Medicare and Retirement Plan markets include:
Pending markets include:
If you have any questions about this program, please contact:
Lindsey Hall, PharmD, BCACP
Sr. Director of Clinical Programs Genoa Clinical Services
Jean Mash, LSCSW, LCAC, MBA
Director of Integrated Care Optum Behavioral Health
You can view a sample instruction letter here.