COVID-19 Information & Resources
Last update: July 24, 2020, 9:55 a.m. CDT
During the COVID-19 national public health emergency, we’re working to provide resources and streamline processes so that you can focus on delivering care. This site outlines updates specific to COVID-19 as well as information on any changes to our standard business protocols. For easy access, here are the most frequently requested topics:
To Help Manage Your Business
- Summary of COVID-19 Dates by Program
- COVID-19 Testing and Treatment Billing Guide
- Acceleration of Claim Payments
- Extension of Timely Filing Limits
- CARES Act Information
- Provisional Credentialing
- Requirements to Practice in a New Location
- Changes to Prior Authorization Requirements
- Updates on Delayed Programs and Policies
Updated 7/24/2020 – 3:10 p.m. CDT
Expanded policies around telehealth services make it easier for patients to connect with their health care provider.
Testing, Treatment, Coding & Reimbursement
Updated 8/14/2020 – 1:00 p.m. CDT
Information to help you with billing for COVID-19 services and to understand reimbursement levels.
Prior Authorization & Ongoing Patient Care
Updated 7/24/2020 – 9:45 a.m. CDT
Updates to UnitedHealthcare policies and processes that will help reduce administrative burdens and help patients access care.
Credentialing & Contracting
Updated 7/24/2020 – 9:50 a.m CDT
Interim processes will help care providers go through the credentialing and contracting process quickly.
Updated 9/16/2020 – 3:00 p.m. CDT
Administrative updates related to the COVID-19 national public health emergency and information on self-service tools.
We’re expanding access to care, support and resources to help our members navigate through this unprecedented time.
The benefits and processes described on this website apply pursuant to federal requirements and UnitedHealthcare national policy during the national public health emergency period. Additional benefits or limitations may apply in some states and under some plans during this time.
We will adjudicate benefits in accordance with the member’s health plan.
Medicaid Providers: UnitedHealthcare will reimburse out-of-network providers for COVID-19 testing-related visits and COVID-19 related treatment or services according to the rates outlined in the Medicaid Fee Schedule.
Care providers can connect to the latest Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance for health professionals, as well as travel advisories from the U.S. State Department. We’ll continue to add more resources when available.
- COVID-19 Video Updates – Tips and information from UnitedHealthcare leaders
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan pages – for state-specific guidance, when available
- VA CCN Provider Portal – For COVID-19 and telehealth information specific to providers supporting the VA Community Care Network (VA CCN)
- COVID-19 Information for Empire Plan Network Providers
We’re committed to keeping you up to date on COVID-19 – we’re monitoring your inquiries and working hard to answer your questions. Let us know how we’re doing.
We’ll be making daily updates to this site. Be sure to check back often for the latest information.