New! 2018 UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guide - Now Available Online or as PDF DownloadView Online Version
The UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guide is the comprehensive guide for Commercial and Medicare Advantage plans. Refer to it for topics such as prior authorization, processing claims and protocol information, as well as UnitedHealthcare contact information and other resources for care providers.
The other guides and supplements linked to from this page provide information specific to the type of plans they cover. Please keep in mind that supplements are intended to be used in conjunction with the related UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guides.
2018 UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guide
- Web Version: 2018 UnitedHealthcare Care Provider Administrative Guide
- PDF Version: 2018 UnitedHealthcare Care Provider Administrative Guide
2018 Empire Plan Administrative Guides
Notice: Provider Administrative Guides to Merge in 2018
Preferred Care Partners, Medica and UnitedHealthcare West Capitated Provider Administrative Guides will be retired as stand-alone guides effective January 1, 2018. More information will be shared in Network Bulletin in the months to come.
Community Plan Care Provider Manuals
2017 UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guides
- 2017 UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guide for Commercial and Medicare Advantage Including UnitedHealthcare West Fee-for-Service
- 2017 UnitedHealthcare West Capitated Administrative Guide for Commerical and Medicare Advantage
- 2017 Preferred Care Partners Care Provider Manual
- 2017 Medica Healthcare Care Provider Manual
- Quick Reference for the UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guides