New! 2018 UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guide - Now Available Online or as PDF DownloadView Online Version >
The UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guide is the comprehensive guide for Commercial and Medicare Advantage plans. Refer to it for topics such as prior authorization, processing claims and protocol information, as well as UnitedHealthcare contact information and other resources for care providers.
The other guides and supplements linked to from this page provide information specific to the type of plans they cover. Please keep in mind that supplements are intended to be used in conjunction with the related UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guides.
2018 UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guide
- Web Version: 2018 UnitedHealthcare Care Provider Administrative Guide (All States Except TN)
- PDF Version: 2018 UnitedHealthcare Care Provider Administrative Guide (All States Except TN)
Notice: Provider Administrative Guides to merge in 2018
Preferred Care Partners, Medica and UnitedHealthcare West Capitated Provider Administrative Guides will be retired as stand-alone guides effective January 1, 2018. More information will be shared in Network Bulletin in the months to come.
2017 UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guides
- 2017 UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guide for Commercial and Medicare Advantage Including UnitedHealthcare West Fee-for-Service
- 2017 UnitedHealthcare West Capitated Administrative Guide for Commerical and Medicare Advantage
- 2017 Preferred Care Partners Care Provider Manual
- 2017 Medica Healthcare Care Provider Manual
- Quick Reference for the UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guides
Tell us what you think! Please take our 5 minute survey to share your thoughts on our Administrative Guides.
Other Guides, Supplements and Appendices
- Medicare Advantage Regulatory Requirements Appendix (must be signed in to view)
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Quick Reference Guide
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Summary of Changes – June 1, 2016
- TRICARE Provider Handbook – October 2016
- TRICARE Provider Handbook – April 2016
- UnitedHealthcare of the River Valley Quick Reference Guide
- UnitedHealthcare of the River Valley Summary of Changes – April 1, 2016