New! 2018 UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guide - Now Available Online or as PDF DownloadView Online Version
The UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guide is the comprehensive guide for Commercial and Medicare Advantage plans. Refer to it for topics such as prior authorization, processing claims and protocol information, as well as UnitedHealthcare contact information and other resources for care providers.
The other guides and supplements linked to from this page provide information specific to the type of plans they cover. Please keep in mind that supplements are intended to be used in conjunction with the related UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guides.
If you need an older version of an Administrative Guide or Care Provider Manual, please contact your Provider Advocate. To find the contact information for your Provider Advocate, go to Find a Network Contact and then select your state.
2018 UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guide
- Web Version: 2018 UnitedHealthcare Care Provider Administrative Guide
- PDF Version: 2018 UnitedHealthcare Care Provider Administrative Guide
2018 Empire Plan Administrative Guides
Community Plan Care Provider Manuals
2017 UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guides
- 2017 UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guide for Commercial and Medicare Advantage Including UnitedHealthcare West Fee-for-Service
- 2017 UnitedHealthcare West Capitated Administrative Guide for Commerical and Medicare Advantage
- 2017 Preferred Care Partners Care Provider Manual
- 2017 Medica Healthcare Care Provider Manual
- Quick Reference for the UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guides
Other Guides, Supplements and Appendices
- Medicare Advantage Regulatory Requirements Appendix (must be signed in to view)