Real Savings, Real Results
PreCheck MyScript integrated directly within your EMR allows you to easily run a pharmacy trial claim and get real-time prescription coverage detail for your UnitedHealthcare patients.
Benefits and Features
- Check current prescription coverage and price, including out-of-pocket prescription costs for UnitedHealthcare members at their selected pharmacy.
- Get information on lower-cost prescription alternatives, if available, to help save members money.
- See which prescriptions currently require prior authorization, or are non-covered or non-preferred.
- Designed to integrate seamlessly into your workflow.
- Saves you time by reducing the need to fax or call for prescription coverage information.
- Increases patient satisfaction by showing medication costs and suggesting covered lower-cost alternatives, if available.
- Reduces patient frustration and delays at the pharmacy when prior authorization is needed or medications may not be covered.
- PreCheck MyScript is integrated with the following electronic medical record (EMR) platforms: Allscripts, AthenaHealth®, Cerner, DrFirst®, Epic and NewCropRx.Access may be dependent on the individual health system. If PreCheck MyScript is currently not available directly in your EMR, you can access the tool through Link.
We provide a full range of resources including instructor-led training sessions.
What is PreCheck MyScript?
PreCheck MyScript is an innovative service available through Point of Care Assist.
PreCheck MyScript benefits your practice by enabling doctors to view prescription costs in real time, potentially obtaining prior authorizations before the patient leaves the exam room and integrating directly with the practice’s existing EMR platform.
And that’s not all.
With PreCheck MyScript, patients saved an average of $225 per prescription, when lower cost alternative drugs suggested by PreCheck MyScript were selected.
Providers can save too, up to 50 minutes and $41 per prescription per patient by avoiding prior authorization.
In most of prescribing occasions, when a Tier 3 drug was prescribed, PreCheck MyScript suggested alternatives.
This resulted in physicians switching to a Tier 1 or 2 drug when available, saving the patient money.
Patient medication adherence increased by up to 4% for diabetes, 4% for hypercholesterolemia and 2% for hypertension.
And patients whose physicians used PreCheck MyScript were 23% more likely to obtain their medications than those whose physicians did not use the tool.
With improved interoperability, you’ll have the tools and information you need, when you need them, to make a difference in the lives of individuals.
This is only the beginning, there’s a lot more to do.
That’s why we’re in this together. Let’s change the course of healthcare.
If you need technical help to access PreCheck MyScript or any of its features, please email ProviderTechSupport@uhc.com or call our Help Desk at 866-842-3278, option 3. Representatives are available Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. Central Time.
* This figure is based on historical experience and is not intended to be predictive of individual member results or a guarantee of future performance. Actual results and individual member experience will vary based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, plan design, population demographics, utilization, claims experience, network market conditions and other factors.
1 OptumRx analysis of full year 2019 trial claim and production claim data. January 2019 – December 2019 based on 5.2 million members, >230,000 providers and 37.8 million transactions using PreCheck MyScript.
2 Internal OptumRx Study.
3 OptumRx data. Measurement of PreCheck MyScript impacted scripts within the diabetes therapeutic class, the statin therapeutic class and the hypertension therapeutic class. Savings represents a pre/post-methodology. Pre-period is October 2016 – September 2017 and post-period October 2017 – September 2018. Population included in the measurement was continuously enrolled.
4Third-party analysis of OptumRx claims data. July 2017 – November 2018 based on 2.6 million members, >110,000 providers and 13.3 million transactions using PreCheck MyScript.
5Third-party analysis of OptumRx claims data. September 2018 – August 2019 based on 4.6 million members, >188,000 providers and 28.2 million transactions using PreCheck MyScript.