Our New RCM Program
We know that Revenue Cycle Management companies (RCMs) perform many types of work on behalf of care providers, and we want to help you take advantage of using the same self-service tools they do.
We ran a pilot with a national RCM to see how we could help them optimize their use of these self-service tools. After working together, their phone calls to UnitedHealthcare decreased 97 percent.1
According to CAQH data, eligibility and claims calls combined average 12 minutes, and the average cost is $5.37 per call2. Eligibility and claims transactions on Link or through Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) take less than a minute3 so the savings can really add up.
Interested in how you can decrease phone calls to save time and money?
Using EDI and Link to Get the Information You Need
- EDI ─ A fast and automated solution for sending and receiving electronic transactions
- Link ─ Online self-service tools that can provide more information than EDI
Our Self-Service Comparison Guide explains how you can use a combination of the two to obtain eligibility information, submit claims reconsiderations, post payments and update care provider demographic information.
- Link: UHCprovider.com/link
- EDI: UHCprovider.com/edi
- Electronic Payments & Statements (EPS): UHCprovider.com/eps
- EPS FAQ for RCMs
- EPS Enrollment Guide for RCMs
- ERA: UHCprovider.com/edi > ERA
- Eligibility: UHCprovider.com/eligibility and UHCprovider.com/edi > 270/271
- Claims: UHCprovider.com/claims and UHCprovider.com/edi > 837
- Prior Authorization: UHCprovider.com/priorauth and UHCprovider.com/edi > 278
- Notifications via EDI: UHCprovider.com/edi > 278N
- Prior Authorization and Notification tool on Link: UHCprovider.com/paan
- Referrals: UHCprovider.com/referral and UHCprovider.com/edi > 278
- UHC On Air information: UHCprovider.com/uhconair
- Sign in to UHC On Air > UHC News Now. Then go to the Link & Provider Self-Service or Electronic Data Interchange channels.
EDI: Use the EDI Transaction Support Form online or call or email us.
- UnitedHealthcare: email@example.com or 800-842-1109
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan: firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-210-8315
Visit UHCprovider.com/edi > EDI Contacts for additional contact information.
EPS: If you need help enrolling in EPS or using any of its features, call us at 877-620-6194.
- Choose "option 1" for enrollment.
- Choose "option 2" for access questions.
Support is available Monday ‒ Friday from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Central Time.
Link: If you have any questions about registering for or using Link, please call the UnitedHealthcare Connectivity Help Desk at 866-842-3278, option 1. We're available Monday – Friday from 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. Central Time.
1 Analysis performed by UnitedHealthcare after the pilot program with a national RCM completed in September 2018.
2Average time calculated from pages 8 and 18 of the 2018 CAQH Index. Average cost calculated using the Manual Provider Cost for Eligibility and Benefit Verification and Claims Status Inquiry in Table 1 of the 2018 CAQH Index. https://www.caqh.org/sites/default/files/explorations/index/report/2018-index-report.pdf
3 Link transaction times were determined based on user testing in February 2016.
Insurance coverage provided by or through UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company, All Savers Insurance Company, Oxford Health Insurance, Inc. or their affiliates. Health Plan coverage provided by UnitedHealthcare of Arizona, Inc., UHC of California DBA UnitedHealthcare of California, UnitedHealthcare Benefits Plan of California, UnitedHealthcare of Colorado, Inc., UnitedHealthcare of Oklahoma, Inc., UnitedHealthcare of Oregon, Inc., UnitedHealthcare of Texas, LLC, UnitedHealthcare Benefits of Texas, Inc., UnitedHealthcare of Utah, Inc. and UnitedHealthcare of Washington, Inc., Oxford Health Plans (NJ), Inc. and Oxford Health Plans (CT), Inc., or other affiliates. Administrative services provided by United HealthCare Services, Inc., OptumRx, OptumHealth Care Solutions, Inc., Oxford Health Plans LLC or their affiliates. Behavioral health products are provided by U.S. Behavioral Health Plan, California (USBHPC), United Behavioral Health (UBH) or its affiliates.