Using Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) for all eligible UnitedHealthcare transactions can help your organization improve efficiency, reduce costs and increase cash flow. We encourage you to use the following tools and resources to help you get started with electronic transactions.
Don’t Let EDI Productivity and Savings Get Away!
File all UnitedHealthcare claims electronically through an EDI connection. View our current Claims Payer List to get started!View Claims Payer List
EDI Transactions and Code Sets
HIPAA has national standards for health care EDI transaction and code sets. These standards support consistency in electronic exchange of data among providers, health care plans, clearinghouses, vendors and other health care business associates.
The following links provide more detailed information about each transaction type:
- 270/271: Eligibility and Benefit Inquiry and Response
- 276/277: Claim Status Inquiry and Response
- 278: Authorization and Referral Request
- 278I: Prior Authorization and Notification Inquiry
- 278N: Hospital Admission Notification
- 835: Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)
- 837D: Dental Claim
- 837I: Institutional Claim
- 837P: Professional Claim or Vision Claim (uses 837P)
Introduction to Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Training
In this session, you’ll learn the basics of EDI as an electronic solution to exchange and obtain information with us. Learn how it may help you increase productivity and reduce expenses. Register today!
Enhancements to EDI Transactions Training
Learn how improvements to 270/271 eligibility and benefits and 276/277 claims status transactions will enable you to be more productive using EDI. Register today!