EPS/Optum Pay is the tool for your practice to receive electronic funds transfer (EFT) and electronic remittance advice (ERA) for most UnitedHealthcare health plans.1
EPS/Optum Pay has an enrollment process for billing companies that limits their access to your providers’ banking information and keeps you in control.
Benefits and Features of EPS/Optum Pay
Once enrolled in EPS/Optum Pay you’ll be able to:
- Receive claims payments by direct deposit or Virtual Card Payment (VCP) 5–7 days faster than with paper checks
- Access explanation of benefits (EOBs) or provider remittance advice online or via 835 ERA files
- Receive email notification when payments are deposited to your designated account
- View your deposit amounts along with all remittance advice associated with each deposit
- View or print remittance advice and post payments manually to your practice management system or auto-post using the 835 ERA file
UnitedHealthcare West SignatureValue HMO and Medicare Advantage HMO Claims
For UnitedHealthcare West SignatureValue and Medicare Advantage HMO claim payments, you must enroll in Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) using the UnitedHealthcare West EFT Tool, which is a separate tool from EPS/Optum Pay. Electronic funds transfers completed in the EPS/Optum Pay tool will not generate electronic payments for UnitedHealthcare West SignatureValue and Medicare Advantage HMO plans.
Enrolling in EPS/Optum Pay
Enrolling online is simple and easy. Before you begin, review these guides:
- EPS/Optum Pay Enrollment guide for Automated Clearing House (ACH) / Direct Deposit.
- EPS/Optum Pay Enrollment guide for Billing Services
- EPS/Optum Pay Enrollment guide for Virtual Card Payments (VCPs)
You will need to have the following information handy for enrolling in EPS/Optum Pay:
- Bank account and routing numbers for direct deposit
- A voided check or bank letter to verify bank account information
- A copy of your practice or facility’s W-9 form
Single EOB Search
The Single Explanation of Benefit (EOB) Search is available to all care providers, including those not enrolled in EPS/Optum Pay.
Quick Reference Guides and Additional Resources
EPS/Optum Pay Support
If you need help enrolling in EPS/Optum Pay or using any of its features, please call us at 877-620-6194.
- Choose "option 1" for enrollment.
- Choose "option 2" for access questions.
Support is available Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Central Time.
1EPS/Optum Pay is currently available for UnitedHealthcare Commercial, UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions, UnitedHealthcare Oxford, and UnitedHealthcare Community Plan.