Electronic Payments & Statements (EPS) is the tool for your practice to receive electronic funds transfer (EFT) and electronic remittance advice (ERA) for most UnitedHealthcare health plans.1 EPS has an enrollment process for billing companies that limits their access to your providers’ banking information and keeps you in control.
For UnitedHealthcare West SignatureValue HMO and Medicare Advantage HMO claims, use the UnitedHealthcare West EFT App.
Once enrolled in EPS you’ll be able to:
- Receive claims payments by direct deposit or Virtual Card Payment (VCP) 5–7 days faster than with paper checks
- Access explanation of benefits (EOBs) or provider remittance advice online or via 835 ERA files
- Receive email notification when payments are deposited to your designated account
- View your deposit amounts along with all remittance advice associated with each deposit
- View or print remittance advice and post payments manually to your practice management system or auto-post using the 835 ERA file
UnitedHealthcare West / SignatureValue and Medicare Advantage HMO Claims
For SignatureValue and Medicare Advantage claim payments, you must enroll in Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) using the UnitedHealthcare West EFT App, a separate application from EPS – electronic funds transfer in EPS will not generate electronic payments for these particular plans.
Enrolling in EPS
Enrolling online is simple and easy. Before you begin, read the EPS Enrollment Instructions and have the following handy:
- Bank account and routing numbers for direct deposit
- A voided check or bank letter to verify bank account information
- A copy of your practice or facility’s W-9 form
Quick Reference and Additional Resources
- Bank Changes for TIN, NPI or Payer
- EDI Education for Electronic Transactions
- EPS Overview
- EPS Quick Reference Guide
- EPS Third Party Billing Service Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- EPS User Guide
- Introduction to EPS
- Single Explanation of Benefits (EOB) Quick Reference
- Virtual Card Payment (VCP) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The Single Explanation of Benefit (EOB) Search is available to all care providers, including those not enrolled in Electronic Payments and Statements (EPS). Go to Single EOB Search
If you need help enrolling in EPS or using any of its features, please call us at 877-620-6194. Choose "option 1" for enrollment and "option 2" for access questions. Support is available Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Central Time.
1EPS is currently available for UnitedHealthcare Commercial; UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions,; UnitedHealthcare Oxford; and UnitedHealthcare Community Plan.