Get Paid Faster
Optum Pay is an advanced electronic payment solution that reduces costs, brings efficiencies and modernizes outdated payment methods. It allows health care staff to spend less time on administrative tasks related to reconciling and posting payments. And, you can receive claim payments electronically from most UnitedHealthcare plans1.
Benefits and Features
- Two electronic payment options. Select Direct Deposit, also known as automated clearinghouse (ACH), or Virtual Card payments – the choice is yours.
- Either electronic payment option will speed up payments to your practice, delivering funds five to seven days faster than paper checks.
- Use our online tools to reconcile claims, search payment history and view reports.
- Payments can be routed at both the tax ID number (TIN) and National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- If you work with a third-party billing company, we have tools they can use to reconcile your claim payments, while keeping your confidential information secure and protected.
Online enrollment is easy and should take less than 10 minutes. Please have the following items available before you start:
- Completed W9
- The names of one or two individuals in your practice who can support administration and oversight of your account
- Information about your practice such as name, phone number and email address
- For enrollment in direct deposit, you’ll also need banking information (routing number (RTN), account number, account type and a voided check or bank letter)
If you need help enrolling in Optum Pay or using any of its features, please call us at 877-620-6194.
Support is available Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Central Time.
1 Optum Pay is available for UnitedHealthcare Commercial, UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions, UnitedHealthcare Oxford and UnitedHealthcare Community Plan.
Optum Pay is provided by OptumHealth Financial Services and its subsidiary Optum Bank, Inc., Member FDIC.