Learn more about our two options for you to connect with API and how to get started.
- Link API: Connect to us directly through a secure connection for all available API types.
- API Extended X12: API data is returned as an extension to EDI transaction responses. Currently available for claim status only, but eligibility and benefits will be available soon.
View the guides for each API connection at UHCprovider.com/apiguides
- Register your organization for Link to establish an API connection
- Request multi-TIN access if a Revenue Cycle Management company or Business Vendor
- Access the Link API Gateway to register for API types
- Refer to the API Registration Guide for complete instructions
API Extended X12:
- To establish connectivity for API Extended X12, a direct connection to UnitedHealthcare is required. Refer to the EDI X12 API Gateway Connectivity Guide for more information.
- A direct connection is not required if you are receiving API data from your clearinghouse. Contact your clearinghouse to inquire about the UnitedHealthcare data they have available through their API services.
- If you’re interested in an API Extended X12 connection, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a consultation. Include your name, title, company name, email address and phone number. We will contact you to discuss API options, compatibility and connection terms.