Do You Know How Many Single-Page CMS-1500 Claims You Submit on Paper?
We do! Send a secure email with your tax ID number to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can tell you how many you submit and give examples of your claims with tips for submitting them electronically.
Using Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) for all eligible UnitedHealthcare transactions can help your organization improve efficiency, reduce costs and increase cash flow. We encourage you to use the following tools and resources to help you get started with electronic transactions.
EDI Transactions and Code Sets
HIPAA has national standards for health care EDI transaction and code sets. These standards support consistency in electronic exchange of data among providers, health care plans, clearinghouses, vendors and other health care business associates.
The following links provide more detailed information about each transaction type:
- 270/271: Eligibility and Benefit Inquiry and Response
- 276/277: Claim Status Inquiry and Response
- 278: Authorization and Referral Request
- 278I: Prior Authorization and Notification Inquiry
- 278N: Hospital Admission Notification
- 835: Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)
- 837D: Dental Claim
- 837I: Institutional Claim
- 837P: Professional Claim or Vision Claim (uses 837P)
File all UnitedHealthcare claims electronically through an EDI connection. View our current Claims Payer List to get started!
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Guides
View our Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) guides on: