Get the Power of Self-Service
Save time, get better documentation and reduce paper by using Link
Are you using our most powerful online tools? You should be! Link’s self-service tools can quickly provide the comprehensive information you need for most UnitedHealthcare benefit plans — without the extra step of calling for information. Plus, you can print your activity or record reference numbers for better documentation, and reduce paper costs by submitting your work online!
Watch the Power of Self-Service Video (Read Transcript) to learn more.
- Save Time and Increase Productivity
- Superior Documentation
- Save on Paper Costs
View the Power of Self-Service for more details on how you can save time with Link.
Get Started Today!
To sign in to Link, click on the Link button in the top right corner.
New to Link? Go to New User Registration.
Link’s self-service tools can quickly provide the comprehensive information you need for most UnitedHealthcare benefit plans ‒ without the extra step of calling for information.
Plus, you can document your activity or record reference numbers for better documentation, and reduce paper costs by submitting your work online.
Read Transcript of Link Overview Video.
General Link Help
For information on getting started with link, including how to register or manage user IDs or passwords, click on any plus sign (+) below.
New User Registration
In order to access secure content on UHCprovider.com or to access Link self-service tools to submit claims, verify eligibility or to check for prior authorization requirements, you first need to have an Optum ID that has been connected to the Tax ID of your practice, facility or organization.
Need an Optum ID?
Register to create your Optum ID.
Have an Optum ID, but need to connect a Tax ID?
To start the process, click on the "Connect TIN" button below, sign in then select "No" when asked if you received a registration letter that included a security code. From that point, complete the required fields for the form as prompted.
For help, see the Accessing Link - Quick Reference Guide.
Need help accessing certain applications on Link?
If you are unable to access specific Link Self-Service application using your Tax ID connected Optum ID login, contact your organization’s practice administrator – they are the only ones able to manage and make changes to account access.
- Access Profiles Quick Reference Guide
- Billing Company Quick Reference Guide
- Link Security: User ID and Password Management Overview
- Multi-TIN Access Quick Reference Guide
- Multi-TIN Access Tutorial
- Password Owners and ID Administrators: How to Set Up Access for Co-Workers
- Roles Function Quick Reference Guide
- Users Function Quick Reference Guide
- Video: Accessing Link via UHCprovider.com
For information on how to change your Optum ID password, your personal profile information and more, visit the My Account page.
Most Popular Link Tools
For information on the most popular Link tools, click on any plus sign (+) below.
With claimsLink, You Can:
- View claims information for multiple UnitedHealthcare® plans
- Access letters, remittance advice documents and reimbursement policies
- Submit additional information requested on pended claims
- Flag claims for future viewing
- Submit corrected claims or claim reconsideration requests
- Receive instant printable confirmation for your submissions
With eligibilityLink, You Can:
- Search for covered members
- Find the member’s cost share, deductible or out-of-pocket responsibility
- View preventive care opportunities for some members
- View detailed benefits information for multiple plans
- See coverage details and limits specific to each benefit plan
- Determine network and tier status
- View previous member benefit plans — up to 18 months in the past
- Get therapy accumulator information for most UnitedHealthcare Commercial members
With My Practice Profile, You Can:
View, update and attest to the care provider demographic information UnitedHealthcare members see for your organization. Use the tool to make demographic changes just one time, in one place – and get those updates into our systems more quickly.
With the Prior Authorization and Notification Tool on Link, You Can:
- Determine if prior authorization or notification is required for UnitedHealthcare Commercial,
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions, UnitedHealthcare Community Plan and UnitedHealthOne members.
- Complete your request for notification or prior authorization if it is required and can be completed online.
- Upload medical notes or other attachments when required and add messages for the reviewer when attachments are required.
- Check the status of your notification and prior authorization requests – including those made by phone.
referralLink Tool on Link
- Find out if a referral is needed for your patient.
- Submit a referral request and receive a confirmation number.
- Check the status of a referral request.
- View, print or save confirmation numbers and timelines for submitted referrals.
- For more information, including Quick Reference and video, visit the referralLink section.
More Link Tools
For information on additional Link tools, click on any plus sign (+) below.
With the Claim Submission Tool, You Can:
- Submit professional claims, including National Drug Code (NDC) claims, for all UnitedHealthcare members
- Easily see which fields are required. The highlighted fields will update based on the information you enter
- View on-screen messages that allow you to correct certain errors before you hit submit
- Eliminate paper, postage and mail time
To learn about other claim submission methods and connections, visit the EDI 837: Electronic Claims page for more information.
- Claim Submission Quick Reference Guide
- Visit UHC On Air for a video tutorial. Sign in to Link and go to UHC News Now > Link Provider Self-Service.
- Training: Register for the next live training session
What is Document Vault?
Document Vault is Link’s electronic reporting hub. From Document Vault, you can access claim letters and report documents.
To access Document Vault, click on the padlock icon on the right side of the Link header.
Electronic Payments and Statements (EPS)
Sign up for direct deposit or virtual card payments, view payments, search remittances and print or download ERAs. If you have not yet enrolled in EPS, enroll today.
For UnitedHealthcare West SignatureValue HMO and Medicare Advantage HMO claim payments, you must enroll in Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) using the UnitedHealthcare West EFT tool, a separate application from EPS.
Starting Nov. 1, 2017, notification is required for certain genetic and molecular lab tests for certain UnitedHealthcare Commercial benefit plans. Ordering care providers will complete the notification/prior authorization process online or over the phone.
Labs must register their tests to participate as part of the Genetic and Molecular Lab Testing Notification/Prior Authorization process.
With Paperless Delivery, Password Owners Can:
Turn off mail delivery of claim letters that can be accessed in Document Vault.
The Paperless Delivery Options tool can send daily or weekly email notifications to alert you to new letters that have been added to your Document Vault. With our flexible delivery options, you decide when and where the emails are sent for each type of letter.
This tool is available to Link Password Owners only.
The accuracy of care provider practice demographic data can play an important part in the success of a medical practice. It can help connect you with members searching for a care provider, and it supports claims processing and compliance with regulatory requirements.
Get Real-Time Prescription Costs and Coverage Details
The PreCheck MyScript on Link helps make it easy to run a pharmacy trial claim and get real-time prescription coverage detail for your patients who are UnitedHealthcare benefit plan members.
With UHC On Air You Can:
View live and on-demand presentations created especially for care providers ‒ divided into channels by state, health plan or topic.
With Claim Estimator, You Can:
Quickly receive an estimate of a UnitedHealthcare Commercial claim reimbursement and share the estimated cost of a procedure with your patient before treatment. Use claim bundling logic for professional claims and determine how the CPT or HCPCS codes will be paid.
If you’re new to Claim Estimator, use the Claim Estimator Quick Reference Guide to get started.
The Claim Research Project tool on Link lets you search for and submit a reconsideration request for multiple claims with the same reason for denial.
Are you a UHCWest care provider?
At this time, the Claim Research tool on Link does not include support for UHCWest care providers. To submit multiple claims as a UHCWest care provider, please fill out and email both the Claims Project Management Request Form and the Multiple Claims Inquiry Spreadsheet found below to ProjectIntake@uhc.com.
Look up contracted rates for CPT and HCPCS codes whose rates are dollar amounts or a percentage of charges for a specific provider and name. (Available only for Commercial and some Community Plan states.)
If you are new to the Fee Schedule Lookup, use the Fee Schedule Lookup Quick Reference to get started.
Has your contact information changed?
Selecting the title that most closely matches your role will help us limit email and fax communications to ones that may be most relevant to you. You can also update your email preferences on our subscription page.
Afterwards, if you also need to change your name, select Menu and My Account.
Need help managing other profile areas? Visit the the My Account page for information.
With the OneNet PPO Pricing Tool, You Can:
OneNet PPO maintains the OneNet PPO Workers’ Compensation Network, a network of physicians, health care practitioners, hospitals and ancillary facilities used for work-related illness and injury. The network serves workers’compensation programs administered by employers and TPAs contracted with Procura, an Optum Company.
For information about OneNet PPO and OneNet workers’ compensation claim pricing sheets for Procura, access the OneNet PPO Pricing on Link.
If you are new OneNet PPO Pricing, use the OneNet PPO Pricing Status Quick Reference Guide to get started.
With Single Explanation of Benefit Search, You Can:
The Single Explanation of Benefit (EOB) Search is available to all care providers, including those not enrolled in Electronic Payments and Statements (EPS).
With UnitedHealthcare West Electronic Funds Transfer Enrollment Tool, You Can:
- Enroll to have your claims payments deposited electronically into your designated bank account.
- Make changes to an existing enrollment
- Receive reports through your clearinghouse
The UnitedHealthcare West Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Enrollment tool allows you to enroll or make changes to EFT and 835s from the Link dashboard for your UnitedHealthcare West claims.
Enrollment in UnitedHealthcare West EFT currently applies to payments from SignatureValue HMO and Medicare Advantage HMO plans.*
You will continue to receive checks by mail until you complete your enrollment using the UnitedHealthcare West EFT tool.
Need Help with the UnitedHealthcare West EFT Tool?
If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call 866-367-9778, option 1 about ERA/835.
If you have questions, please call the UnitedHealthcare Connectivity Help Desk:
Phone: 866-842-3278, option 1
Available Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. Central Time