UnitedHealthcare MedicareDirect health care plans are Private Fee-For-Service (PFFS) plans that provide Medicare beneficiaries with a wide variety of health care benefits, often at a lower cost than Original Medicare. Members of UnitedHealthcare MedicareDirect plans are still covered under the Medicare program and have federally regulated rights and protections.
- UnitedHealthcare MedicareDirect Essential (PFFS) – no drug coverage
- UnitedHealthcare MedicareDirect Rx (PFFS) – with drug coverage
While the exact benefits will vary depending on the specific plan, UnitedHealthcare MedicareDirect plans provide members the option to seek care from any Medicare-eligible care provider without a referral, as long as the care provider agrees to the plan's terms, conditions and payment rates.
Tools and Resources
- Medicare Advantage Copayment Guidelines
- Medicare Advantage Member Rights and Responsibilities
- Medicare Advantage Non-Contracted Provider Dispute and Appeal Rights
- Medicare Advantage Non-Contracted Provider Claim Payment Dispute Request Form
- Medicare Advantage Preventive Screening Guidelines
- Medicare Advantage Prior Authorization Reduction Frequently Asked Questions
- Medicare Advantage Service Area Reduction Frequently Asked Questions
- Readmission Review Program Clinical Guidelines
- Readmission Review Program Frequently Asked Questions
- UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guide
- UnitedHealthcare MedicareDirect (PFFS) Plans - Benefit Plan Name Overview
- UnitedHealthcare MedicareDirect (PFFS) Uncollectible Amounts (Bad Debt) Submittal Form
To learn more about UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage plans offered in your area, please visit UHCMedicareSolutions.com and enter your ZIP code
To learn more about Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage or to access related forms, please review the materials available on UHCMedicareSolutions.com under Our Plans > Medicare Advantage Plans > What Do I Need to Know? > Medicare Advantage Plan Information and Forms.