Use Link Self-Service Tools Today
Verify eligibility, manage claims, submit prior authorizations and more with Link tools.
Are You a New User? Register for Link Access
First you need an Optum ID that has been connected to the Tax ID of your practice, facility or organization.
For information on getting started with link, including how to register or manage user IDs or passwords, click on any plus sign (+) below.
Get Started with Link
With the Link Security Tool, ID administrators can:
- Approve or deactivate access for other administrators and standard users
- Assign roles to administrators and standard users to determine which tools the user can access
- Assign profiles to adminitrators and standard users to determine which TINs, specialties and physicians/facilities the user can access
Password owners can do everything an ID administrator can do plus:
- Grant multi-TIN access, which allows users to have a single Optum ID for all the TINs they need to access
- Download a report of users and their access
How to Access Link Security
Sign in to Link by going to UHCprovider.com and clicking on the Link button in the top right corner. Then, select the Link Security tool on your Link dashboard.
Has your contact information changed?
Selecting the title that most closely matches your role will help us limit email and fax communications to ones that may be most relevant to you. You can also update your email preferences on our subscription page.
Afterwards, if you also need to change your name, select Menu and My Account.
Eligibility, Benefits and Referrals
With eligibilityLink, You Can:
- Quickly check UnitedHealthcare member eligibility
- Find the member’s cost share, deductible or out-of-pocket responsibility
- Determine network and tier status
- View coverage details and limits specific to each benefit plan
- View detailed benefits information for multiple plans
- View previous member benefit plans — up to 18 months in the past
- View preventive care opportunities for some members
- Find out if referrals, notification and prior authorization are needed for the member’s plan.
- Get therapy accumulator information for most UnitedHealthcare Commercial members
referralLink Tool on Link
- Find out if a referral is needed for your patient.
- Submit a referral request and receive a confirmation number.
- Check the status of a referral request.
- View, print or save confirmation numbers and timelines for submitted referrals.
- For more information, including Quick Reference and video, visit the referralLink section.
With CommunityCare, You Can:
- View a member’s plan of care and health assessment for most Medicaid and Medicare SNP populations
- Enter plan notes and view notes history for some plans
- Obtain HEDIS information for your member population
- Access information about member’s admitted to or discharged from an inpatient facility
- Access information about member’s seen in an Emergency Department
- View and export the full member roster
Prior Authorization and Notification
With the Prior Authorization and Notification Tool on Link, You Can:
- Determine if prior authorization or notification is required for UnitedHealthcare Commercial, UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions, UnitedHealthcare Community Plan and UnitedHealthOne members.
- Complete your request for notification or prior authorization if it is required and can be completed online.
- Upload medical notes or other attachments when required and add messages for the reviewer when attachments are required.
- Check the status of your notification and prior authorization requests – including those made by phone.
Get Real-Time Prescription Costs and Coverage Details
The PreCheck MyScript on Link helps make it easy to run a pharmacy trial claim and get real-time prescription coverage detail for your patients who are UnitedHealthcare benefit plan members.
Notification is required for certain genetic and molecular lab tests for certain UnitedHealthcare Commercial benefit plans. Ordering care providers will complete the notification/prior authorization process online or over the phone.
Labs must register their tests to participate as part of the Genetic and Molecular Lab Testing Notification/Prior Authorization process.
Claims and Payments
With claimsLink, You Can:
- View claims information for multiple UnitedHealthcare® plans
- Access letters, remittance advice documents and reimbursement policies
- Submit additional information requested on pended claims
- Flag claims for future viewing
- Submit corrected claims or claim reconsideration requests
- Receive instant printable confirmation for your submissions
Sign up for direct deposit or virtual card payments, view payments, search remittances and print or download ERAs. If you have not yet enrolled in EPS/Optum Pay, enroll today.
For UnitedHealthcare West SignatureValue HMO and Medicare Advantage HMO claim payments, you must enroll in Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) using the UnitedHealthcare West EFT tool, a separate application from EPS/Optum Pay.
With the Claim Submission Tool, You Can:
- Submit professional claims, including National Drug Code (NDC) claims, for all UnitedHealthcare members
- Easily see which fields are required. The highlighted fields will update based on the information you enter
- View on-screen messages that allow you to correct certain errors before you hit submit
- Eliminate paper, postage and mail time
To learn about other claim submission methods and connections, visit the EDI 837: Electronic Claims page for more information.
With Claim Estimator, You Can:
Quickly receive an estimate of a UnitedHealthcare Commercial claim reimbursement and share the estimated cost of a procedure with your patient before treatment. Use claim bundling logic for professional claims and determine how the CPT or HCPCS codes will be paid.
If you’re new to Claim Estimator, use the Claim Estimator Quick Reference Guide to get started.
The Claim Research Project tool on Link lets you search for and submit a reconsideration request for multiple claims with the same reason for denial. Multiple claims that have been partially or underpaid can also be submitted as a reconsideration request via the Claim Research Project tool.
- Claim Research Project Quick Reference
- On-Demand Training: Claim Research Projects (must Sign in with your Optum ID)
Are you a UHCWest care provider?
At this time, the Claim Research tool on Link does not include support for UHCWest care providers. To submit multiple claims as a UHCWest care provider, please fill out and email both the Claims Project Management Request Form and the Multiple Claims Inquiry Spreadsheet found below to ProjectIntake@uhc.com.
Look up contracted rates for CPT and HCPCS codes whose rates are dollar amounts or a percentage of charges for a specific provider and name. (Available only for Commercial and some Community Plan states.)
If you are new to the Fee Schedule Lookup, use the Fee Schedule Lookup Quick Reference to get started.
With the OneNet PPO Pricing Tool, You Can:
OneNet PPO maintains the OneNet PPO Workers’ Compensation Network, a network of physicians, health care practitioners, hospitals and ancillary facilities used for work-related illness and injury. The network serves workers’compensation programs administered by employers and TPAs contracted with Procura, an Optum Company.
For information about OneNet PPO and OneNet workers’ compensation claim pricing sheets for Procura, access the OneNet PPO Pricing on Link.
If you are new OneNet PPO Pricing, use the OneNet PPO Pricing Status Quick Reference Guide to get started.
With UnitedHealthcare West Electronic Funds Transfer Enrollment Tool, You Can:
- Enroll to have your claims payments deposited electronically into your designated bank account.
- Make changes to an existing enrollment
- Receive reports through your clearinghouse
The UnitedHealthcare West Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Enrollment tool allows you to enroll or make changes to EFT and 835s from the Link dashboard for your UnitedHealthcare West claims.
Enrollment in UnitedHealthcare West EFT currently applies to payments from SignatureValue HMO and Medicare Advantage HMO plans.*
You will continue to receive checks by mail until you complete your enrollment using the UnitedHealthcare West EFT tool.
Need Help with the UnitedHealthcare West EFT Tool?
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-367-9778, option 1 about ERA/835.
With Single Explanation of Benefit Search, You Can:
The Single Explanation of Benefit (EOB) Search is available to all care providers, including those not enrolled in Electronic Payments and Statements (EPS).
The accuracy of care provider practice demographic data can play an important part in the success of a medical practice. It can help connect you with members searching for a care provider, and it supports claims processing and compliance with regulatory requirements.
With My Practice Profile, You Can:
View, update and attest to the care provider demographic information UnitedHealthcare members see for your organization. Use the tool to make demographic changes just one time, in one place – and get those updates into our systems more quickly.
With Paperless Delivery, Password Owners Can:
Turn off mail delivery of claim letters that can be accessed in Document Vault.
The Paperless Delivery Options tool can send daily or weekly email notifications to alert you to new letters that have been added to your Document Vault. With our flexible delivery options, you decide when and where the emails are sent for each type of letter.
This tool is available to Link Password Owners only.
Get the Power of Self-Service
Save time, get better documentation and reduce paper by using Link
Are you using our most powerful online tools? You should be! Link’s self-service tools can quickly provide the comprehensive information you need for most UnitedHealthcare benefit plans — without the extra step of calling for information. Plus, you can print your activity or record reference numbers for better documentation, and reduce paper costs by submitting your work online! View Link Overview for more details.
Learn about Link tools
- Save Time and Increase Productivity
- Superior Documentation
- Save on Paper Costs
View the Power of Self-Service for more details on how you can save time with Link.
Get Started Today!
To sign in to Link, click on the Link button in the top right corner.
New to Link? Go to New User Registration
If you have questions, please call the UnitedHealthcare Connectivity Help Desk:
Phone: 866-842-3278, option 1
Available Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. Central Time