The following commercial health plans are offered in Delaware. Click the "+" sign to view more information on each.
The All Savers®Alternate Funding Plans are self-funded health plans that can help employees pay everyday health care expenses before they meet their deductible. Employers can also purchase UnitedHealthcare dental and vision plans and fully insured group life insurance.
- A health savings account (HSA) may be available to pay for qualifying medical expenses, including the annual deductible.
- The UnitedHealthcare Motion™ program provides a financial reward (in the form of a reimbursement for out-of pocket medical expenses or an HSA deposit) for meeting daily activity goals. The UnitedHealthcare Motion program is not available in all states.
Members with All Savers Plans have access to the UnitedHealthcare Choice, UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus and UnitedHealthcare Core networks with the exception of Mayo Clinic facilities.
All Savers Insurance Company (ASIC) is a UnitedHealthcare company.
To check member eligibility and claims status for a patient enrolled in an All Savers Plan, go to myAllSaversProvider.com.
Mid-Atlantic Health Plan
UnitedHealthcare® MD-IPA Plan
The UnitedHealthcare MD-IPA health plan encourages members to use their primary care provider (PCP) to coordinate care across a wide spectrum of health services and enter electronic referrals to network specialists.
- Members must receive a referral from their PCP to see a network specialist for benefits to be covered. There is out-of-network coverage for emergency services only.
- This health maintenance organization (HMO) individual practice plan emphasizes preventive care, including immunizations and preventive exams and health screenings.
For a detailed description of MS-IPA benefits, exclusions and limitations, please refer to FEHB brochure #73-100 uhcfeds.com.
The Optimum Choice (OCI) health plans encourage members to use their primary care provider (PCP) to coordinate care across a wide spectrum of health services and enter electronic referrals to network specialists.
- An optional health savings account (HSA) can pay for qualifying medical expenses, including the annual deductible.
- An optional health reimbursement arrangement (HRA) can offer a type of employer-funded health benefit plan that reimburses employees for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
If services are delivered outside of the local network, the plan will not cover the cost except in an emergency.
Forms, Tools & Resources
These resources are available to care providers with members in M.D.IPA, M.D.IPA Preferred, Optimum Choice, and Optimum Choice Preferred health plans.
- Rehabilitation Services Extension Request Form
- STAT Laboratory List
- Chiropractic Services Extension Form for Maryland Independent Physician Association (MD.IPA) and Optimum Choice
- Emergency Room/Urgent Care Log for Optimum Choice and MDIPA Members
- Maryland Capitated Radiology Vendors for Routine Diagnostic Radiology for M.D.IPA and Optimum Choice, Inc. (OCI)
- Capitated Radiology Procedures as of January 1, 2018 for M.D.IPA, M.D.IPA Preferred, Optimum Choice, and Optimum Choice Preferred
- Emergency Room Auto-Pay for M.D.IPA, M.D.IPA Preferred, Optimum Choice and Optimum Choice Preferred
- Laboratory Services Protocol for M.D.IPA, M.D.IPA Preferred, Optimum Choice and Optimum Choice Preferred
- Radiology Service Protocol for M.D.IPA, M.D.IPA Preferred, Optimum Choice, and Optimum Choice Preferred
- Referral Protocol for M.D.IPA, M.D.IPA Preferred, Optimum Choice, and Optimum Choice Preferred
- Universal Preauthorization Request Form
The UnitedHealthcare Choice and Choice Plus health plans allow members to choose a physician or specialist from the UnitedHealthcare Choice networks but do not need a referral to receive benefits.
- UnitedHealthcare Choice members must receive care from network care providers for benefits to be covered. There is out-of-network coverage for emergency services only.
- UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus members are covered at a lower benefit level for services provided by out-of-network care providers.
Preventive care, including immunizations and preventive exams and health screenings, is covered at 100 percent in our UnitedHealthcare Choice and UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus networks.
UnitedHealthcare Choice Advanced health plans allow members to choose a physician or specialist in the UnitedHealthcare Choice networks and do not need a primary care physician or referral to receive benefits. There is out-of-network coverage for emergency services only.
- UnitedHealthcare Choice Advanced members must receive care from network care providers for benefits to be covered. Members are encouraged to choose lower cost, freestanding network health care facilities rather than hospitals for radiology services and outpatient surgery.
- UnitedHealthcare Choice Advanced Plus members are encouraged to seek care from the network care providers but don’t need a referral to receive benefits; members are covered for out-of-network care provider visits at a lower benefit level.
UnitedHealthcare Choice Advanced members have lower copays and/or greater coinsurance when they use UnitedHealth Premium® Tier 1 2-star care providers.
UnitedHealthcare Choice Advanced and UnitedHealthcare Choice Advanced Plus build on Choice and Choice Plus plans with additional features for both members and employers.
UnitedHealthcare EDGE health plans allow members to choose a network physician or specialist but don’t need a referral (open-access).
Some UnitedHealthcare EDGE plans provide access to network and non-network care providers so members can seek care from any care provider they choose, but at a lower co-insurance/deductible level for network care providers.
By seeking care from Tier 1 care providers, members can maximize their in-network benefits based on UnitedHealthcare’s evaluation
UnitedHealthcare EDGE plans provide medication benefit coverage through a four-tier pharmacy plan. UnitedHealthcare EDGE plans include health and wellness programs, services and discounts from UnitedHealth Wellness®.
UnitedHealthcare Options PPO health plan allow members to choose a network physician orspecialist without a referral (open-access).
- It is the member's responsibility to obtain prior approvals for both network and nonnetwork services. No referral is required to see a specialist
- If a non-network physician is chosen, out-of-pocket member costs will be higher and it is the member’s responsibility to obtain approvals and submit claims.
UnitedHealthcare Options PPO offers two levels of coverage: a higher level of benefits for innetwork services, and a lower level of benefits for non-network services, with somewhat higher deductibles and coinsurance.