Preferred Care Partners Medicare Advantage plans insured through UnitedHealthcare are HMO plans with prescription drug coverage in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. These plans include benefits in addition to those covered under Original Medicare, including an integrated Medicare Part D prescription drug benefit.
- Preferred Choice Broward (HMO)
- Preferred Choice Dade (HMO)
- Preferred Choice Palm Beach (HMO)
Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans have a defined network of contracted local physicians and hospitals to provide member care. Generally, members must use these care providers to receive benefits for covered services, except in emergencies. Some HMO plans do not require referrals for specialty care.
Tools & Resources
- Medicare Non-Contracted Provider Dispute/Appeal Rights
- Medicare Advantage Non-Participating Provider Claim Payment Dispute Request Form
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage Primary Care Provider Change Request Form
- 2017 Medicare Advantage Preventive Services Coding Guidelines
- 2018 Medicare Advantage Service Area Reduction Frequently Asked Questions
- 2017 UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage Plans - Benefit Plan Name Overview
- 2016 Optum Behavioral Health Referral Process
Coverage options may vary depending upon your location. To learn more about a plan in your service area, go to MyPreferredCare.com.
To learn more about Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage or to access related forms, please review the materials available on MyPreferredCare.com under Pharmacy > Forms. This section contains information and forms for direct member reimbursement and prescription drug coverage determination.