Find pharmacy information related to prescription drugs including prescription drug lists, step therapy, quantity limits and prior authorization requirements for Community Plan care providers.
In response to the U.S. opioid epidemic, UnitedHealthcare has developed programs to help our members receive the care and treatment they need safely and effectively.
We’ve also established measures based on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) opioid treatment guidelines to help prevent overuse of short-acting and long-acting opioid medications.
Resources from UnitedHealthcare and Optum
- Medicated Assisted Treatment: Locate a Provider (Last Modified 10.01.2017)
- Opioid Tapering Recommendations (Last Modified 01.08.2020)
- Opioid Use Disorder (Last Modified 03.05.2019)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ): Interagency Guideline on Prescribing Opioids for Pain
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): CDC Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): CDC Opioid Overdose Guideline Resources
Get real-time prescription costs and coverage detail
The PreCheck MyScript Solution on Link helps make it easy to run a pharmacy trial claim and get real-time prescription coverage detail for your patients who are UnitedHealthcare benefit plan members.
Streamline your prior authorization process with CoverMyMeds
CoverMyMeds streamlines the medication prior authorization process, electronically connecting providers, pharmacists and plan/PBMs to improve time to therapy and decrease prescription abandonment with electronic prior authorization.
UnitedHealthcare Community Plan - MississippiCAN and CHIP
Preferred Drug List
- Mississippi Department of Medicaid Preferred Drug List (PDL)
- Preferred Drug List (PDL) Search
- Machine Readable PDL
Preferred Drug List Updates
Additional Pharmacy Resources
- 90-Day Maintenance List for Prescription Medication
- 90 Day Supply Drug List - 07.01.2019
- Drug Quantity Limits - 06.22.2018
- Mississippi Pharmacy Prior Authorization Form
- Preferred Respiratory Supplies - 07.05.2019