The following Obstetrics/Delivery Codes have been improperly denying: 59400, 59510, 59610, & 59618. If you have received a recent denial for one of these codes there is no need to resubmit your claim. United HealthCare has rectified the issue and will be reprocessing your claims. Should you have any questions regarding this, please call Provider Services at 1-800-600-9007
Review these bulletins to stay up to date on news, policy changes and other issues important to your practice.
For Medical Policies, Medical Benefit Drug Policies, Coverage Determination Guidelines, Utilization Review Guidelines and corresponding update bulletins for UnitedHealthcare Community Plan, visit the Policies and Protocols section.
Current News, Bulletins and Alerts
- 03.12.2020 - 2nd Quarter 2020 Preferred Drug List Update
- 03.10.2020 - Improper Claim Denial Code E2370
- 03.10.2020 - Improper Claim Denial Code A0434
- 02.12.2020 - DUR Educational Newsletter: Respiratory Therapy
- 12.18.2019 - UPDATE: Delayed Until Further Notice - Updated Speech, Occupational and Physical Therapy Prior Authorization Requirements and Site of Service Medical Necessity Reviews for UnitedHealthcare Connected® for MyCare Ohio (Medicare-Medicaid Plan)
- 11.08.2019 - A web service failure caused some dialysis claims not to process the first business day of October. The issue was resolved and affected claims have been processed. No action needed.
- 09.30.2019 - Expanded Community Plan Notification/Prior Authorization Requirements and Site of Service Medical Necessity Reviews for Certain Surgical Procedures Frequently Asked Questions – Effective Nov. 1, 2019 for MD, RI, WA, MI, MO, OH
- 08.20.2019 - FAQ: Prior Authorization Requirements for Certain Therapy Services
- 08.16.2019 - DUR Educational Newsletter: Opioid and Buprenorphine Use for Treating Opioid Use Disorder
- 07.08.2019 - New Supplier for Respiratory Supplies
- 05.06.2019 - We’re Retiring the Fax Number You Use for Medical Prior Authorization Requests
- 05.02.2019 - Update to Procedure to Modifier Policy for “Always Therapy” Codes – Effective July 1, 2019
- 12.17.2018 - National MedTrans Transition Starting January 1, 2019 - UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete Plans (DSNP)
- 12.05.2018 - New CLIA Policy: Notice of Incorrectly Processed UnitedHealthcare Community Plan Claims
- 11.01.2018 - Update to Multiple Procedure Payment Reduction (MPPR) for Diagnostic Cardiovascular and Ophthalmology Procedures Policy