UnitedHealthcare Assisted Living plans are Institutional Special Needs Plans (iSNPs) for members who live in a contracted assisted living facility and require an institutional level of care.
- UnitedHealthcare Assisted Living Plan (HMO-POS SNP)
Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans have a defined network of contracted local physicians and hospitals to provide member care. Generally, members must use these care providers to receive benefits for covered services, except in emergencies. Some HMO plans do not require referrals for specialty care.
Point of Service (HMO-POS) plans include all the features of HMO plans plus the ability to go outside the contracted network for certain health care services - typically at a higher cost. Many POS plans offer open access to care providers with no referrals needed.
Tools & Resources
- Medicare Non-Contracted Provider Dispute/Appeal Rights
- Medicare Advantage Non-Participating Provider Claim Payment Dispute Request Form
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage Primary Care Provider Change Request Form
- 2017 Medicare Advantage Preventive Services Coding Guidelines
- 2018 Medicare Advantage Service Area Reduction - Frequently Asked Questions
- 2017 UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plans (SNP) Benefit Plan Name Overview
To learn more about UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage plans offered in your area, please visit UHCMedicareSolutions.com and enter your ZIP code.
To learn more about Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage or to access related forms, please review the materials available on UHCMedicareSolutions.com under Our Plans > Medicare Advantage Plans > What Do I Need to Know? > Medicare Advantage Plan Information and Forms.
Reminder for Special Needs Plan Providers
UnitedHealthcare provides Special Needs Plan (SNP) care providers access to SNP beneficiaries' Health Risk Assessments (HRAs) and Individualized Care Plans (ICPs) in a variety of ways including mailing, faxing, uploading to the Provider Portal or placing Individualized Care Plans in the SNP beneficiary's physical and/or electronic chart.
Care providers should be reviewing the SNP beneficiary's Individualized Care Plans and participating with the SNP Interdisciplinary Care Team to coordinate the beneficiary's care. Special Needs Plan care providers can register online at UHCprovider.com to begin accessing and reviewing SNP beneficiary Individualized Care Plans via the Care Conductor App on Link.