Medicare Advantage plans insured through UnitedHealthcare are offered to residents of Erickson Retirement Communities. These plans include benefits and services in addition to those covered under Original Medicare. Residents in some areas have several plans from which to choose. Some of these plans include an integrated Medicare Part D prescription drug benefit.
- Erickson Advantage Freedom (HMO-POS)
- Erickson Advantage Signature with Drugs (HMO-POS)
- Erickson Advantage Signature without Drugs (HMO-POS)
Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans have a defined network of contracted local physicians and hospitals to provide member care. Generally, members must use these care providers to receive benefits for covered services, except in emergencies. Some HMO plans do not require referrals for specialty care.
Point of Service (HMO-POS) plans include all the features of HMO plans plus the ability to go outside the contracted network for certain health care services - typically at a higher cost. Many POS plans do not require referrals for specialty care.
Plans are insured through UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company or one of its affiliated companies, a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in the plan depends on the plan's contract renewal with Medicare.
Tools and Resources - Erickson Advantage® Freedom/Signature Plans
- Medicare Advantage Chiropractic and Acupuncture Coverage – Quick Reference Guide
- Medicare Advantage Copayment Guidelines
- Medicare Advantage Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Frequently Asked Questions
- Medicare Advantage Member Rights and Responsibilities
- Medicare Advantage Non-Contracted Provider Dispute and Appeal Rights
- Medicare Advantage Non-Contracted Provider Claim Payment Dispute Request Form
- Medicare Advantage Preventive Screening Guidelines
- Medicare Advantage Service Area Reduction Frequently Asked Questions
- Optum Behavioral Health Referral Process
- Readmission Review Program Clinical Guidelines
- Readmission Review Program Frequently Asked Questions
- UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guide
- Medicare Advantage Drug Formulary - UHCMedicareSolutions.com (enter zipcode and select plan)
Coverage options may vary depending upon your location. To learn more about a plan in your service area, go to EricksonAdvantage.com.
To learn more about Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage or to access related forms, please review the materials available on EricksonAdvantage.com on the Formulary tab. Scroll toward the bottom of the page to the Erickson Advantage Drug Management section.