Medicare Advantage plans insured through UnitedHealthcare are offered to residents of Erickson Retirement Communities. These plans include benefits and services in addition to those covered under Original Medicare. Residents in some areas have several plans from which to choose. Some of these plans include an integrated Medicare Part D prescription drug benefit.
- Erickson Advantage Freedom (HMO-POS)
- Erickson Advantage Signature with Drugs (HMO-POS)
- Erickson Advantage Signature without Drugs (HMO-POS)
Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans have a defined network of contracted local physicians and hospitals to provide member care. Generally, members must use these care providers to receive benefits for covered services, except in emergencies. Some HMO plans do not require referrals for specialty care.
Point of Service (HMO-POS) plans include all the features of HMO plans plus the ability to go outside the contracted network for certain health care services - typically at a higher cost. Many POS plans do not require referrals for specialty care.
Erickson Advantage plans allow members to choose their primary care provider (PCP) with the ability to go outside the contracted network for certain health care services - typically at a higher cost.
Plans are insured through UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company or one of its affiliated companies, a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in the plan depends on the plan's contract renewal with Medicare.
Tools & Resources
- Medicare Non-Contracted Provider Dispute/Appeal Rights
- Medicare Advantage Non-Participating Provider Claim Payment Dispute Request Form
- 2017 Medicare Advantage Preventive Services Coding Guidelines
- 2018 Medicare Advantage Service Area Reduction Frequently Asked Questions
- 2016 Optum Behavioral Health Referral Process
- 2017 UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage Plans - Benefit Plan Name Overview
Coverage options may vary depending upon your location. To learn more about a plan in your service area, go to EricksonAdvantage.com.
To learn more about Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage or to access related forms, please review the materials available on UHCMedicareSolutions.com under Our Plans > Medicare Advantage Plans > What Do I Need to Know? > Medicare Advantage Plan Information and Forms.