UnitedHealthcare Group Medicare Advantage plans are only offered to groups such as employers, unions and government sub-entities. These plans provide group retiree Medicare beneficiaries with a variety of health care benefit plan choices, often with more benefits than those provided by Original Medicare. Plan members are still covered under the Medicare program and have federally regulated rights and protections.
Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans offer members access to a network of contracted local physicians and hospitals, but also allow them the flexibility to seek covered services from outside of the contracted network, usually at a higher cost. Members do not need a referral for specialty care.
We offer a national PPO (NPPO) plan to employers who qualify under a Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Employer Group Waiver. PPO plans are available as either local PPO (LPPO) or regional PPO (RPPO) offerings.
LPPOs cover certain counties within a state.
Tools & Resources
- Medicare Advantage Prior Authorization Reduction Frequently Asked Questions
- Medicare Non-Contracted Provider Dispute/Appeal Rights
- Medicare Advantage Non-Participating Provider Claim Payment Dispute Request Form
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage Primary Care Provider Change Request Form
- 2018 Medicare Advantage Service Area Reduction Frequently Asked Questions
- 2018 UnitedHealthcare Group Medicare Advantage (PPO) Network Provider Quick Reference Guide
- 2018 UnitedHealthcare Group Medicare Advantage (PPO) Out-of-Network (OON) Provider Quick Reference Guide
- 2017 UnitedHealth Passport® Travel Benefits Frequently Asked Questions