The Division of TennCare along with the contracted Managed Care Organizations (MCO), Amerigroup, BlueCare and United Healthcare, has determined the need for a comprehensive network of providers who offer specific enhanced services for members with opioid use disorder (OUD). These providers may be agencies or licensed independent practitioners, but all must attest to provide treatment as outlined in the BESMART program description to be a part of this network.
BESMART Program Documents
- BESMART Program Description
- BESMART Attestation Form
- BESMART FAQ
- BESMART Report Access
- BESMART Program Best Practices
- Treatment Effective Assessment (TEA) Tool
- Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS) Education Material for MAT Providers
OptumRx is the pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) for TennCare and the BESMART (buprenorphine) program.
- TennCare Medicaid Buprenorphine Prior Authorization Form
- TennCare Medicaid Preferred Drug List
- TennCare Medicaid Clinical Criteria
UHC BESMART Program Contact Information
TennCare BESMART Resources