UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete Special Needs Plans (SNP) offer benefits for people with both Medicare and Medicaid. These SNP plans provide benefits beyond Original Medicare, including transportation to medical appointments and vision exams. Members must have Medicaid to enroll.
- UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete LP (HMO SNP)
- UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete LP1 (HMO SNP)
Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans use a network of contracted local physicians and hospitals to provide member care. Generally, members must use these care providers to receive benefits for covered services, except in emergencies. Some HMO plans do not require referrals for specialty care.
UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plans (SNPs) combine the hospital and doctor coverage of Medicare Parts A and B with Part D prescription drug coverage, plus additional features and benefits designed to meet the unique needs of identified Medicare consumer populations.
Tools & Resources
- Medicare Advantage Home Health Services Frequently Asked Questions
- Medicare Advantage Prior Authorization Reduction Frequently Asked Questions
- UnitedHealthcare Administrative Guide
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage Primary Care Provider Change Request Form
- Medicare Advantage Preventive Services Coding Guidelines
- Medicare Advantage Service Area Reduction Frequently Asked Questions
- Optum Behavioral Health Referral Process
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plans (SNP) - Benefit Plan Name Overview
- Medicare Non-Contracted Provider Dispute/Appeal Rights
- Medicare Advantage Non-Participating Provider Claim Payment Dispute Request Form
To learn more about UnitedHealthcare® Medicare Advantage plans offered in your area, please visit UHCMedicareSolutions.com and enter your ZIP code.
To learn more about Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage or to access related forms, please review the materials available on UHCMedicareSolutions.com under Our Plans > Medicare Advantage Plans > What Do I Need to Know? > Medicare Advantage Plan Information and Forms.
Reminder for Special Needs Plan Providers
UnitedHealthcare provides Special Needs Plan (SNP) care providers access to SNP beneficiaries' Health Risk Assessments (HRAs) and Individualized Care Plans (ICPs) in a variety of ways including mailing, faxing, uploading to the Provider Portal or placing Individualized Care Plans in the SNP beneficiary's physical and/or electronic chart.
Care providers should be reviewing the SNP beneficiary's Individualized Care Plans and participating with the SNP Interdisciplinary Care Team to coordinate the beneficiary's care. Special Needs Plan care providers can register online at UHCprovider.com to begin accessing and reviewing SNP beneficiary Individualized Care Plans via the Care Conductor App on Link.