See the bulletins below to stay up-to-date on news, policy changes, and other issues important to your practice.
For Medical Policies, Medical Benefit Drug Policies, Coverage Determination Guidelines, Utilization Review Guidelines and corresponding update bulletins for UnitedHealthcare Community Plan, visit the Policies and Protocols section.
Current News, Bulletins and Alerts
Current Alerts & Bulletins
- 11.27.2018 - New!! HPA 18-22: Preparation – 2019 Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System Update Note: To view all informational bulletins published by the Louisiana Department of Health please click on the "Access the View informational bulletins published by the Louisiana Department of Health," link.
- 09.17.2018 - Changes to LAMedicaid.com Provider Portal Login, MEVS Access
- 08.17.2018 - RHC and FQHC Reimbursement Rates July 1, 2018
- 07.09.2018 - How To Submit A Corrected Claim (July 2018)
- 06.29.2018 - New In 2018! UnitedHealthcare Community Plan Primary Care Professional Incentive Program Notice
- 05.17.2018 - Lousiana Department of Health Hepatitis C Criteria Revision Notice
- 04.09.0218 - 2018 CPT and HCPCS Claim System Edits
- 04.04.2018 - Update for Emergency Department (ED) Facility Evaluation and Management (E/M) Coding Reimbursement Policy
- 02.07.2018 - New Process for Inpatient Admission Notification
- 01.17.2018 - Change in Pap Smear Coverage for Members Ages 21 and Younger
- 09.13.0217 - Pregnant Members Have Up to Two New Patient Visits per Pregnancy
- 09.13.2017 - Claim Process Updated for Multiple Gestation Deliveries
- 09.13.2017 - Documentation Not Required for Obstetric Ultrasounds When Billed with Documented Diagnosis Code
- 08.24.2017 - Coverage of Pap Smears for Members Younger Than Age 21
- 07.21.2017 - COB Information on UnitedHealthcare's Provider Portal
- 05.05.2017 - Healthy Lousiana Billing for Hospital Services Revised May 2017
- 04.25.2017 - Restarting Coordination of Benefits and Third Party Liability (TPL) Claim Recoupment
- 03.07.2017 - Coordination of Benefits (COB) 30-day Extension Requests