See the bulletins below to stay up-to-date on news, policy changes, and other issues important to your practice.
For Medical Policies, Medical Benefit Drug Policies, Coverage Determination Guidelines, Utilization Review Guidelines and corresponding update bulletins for UnitedHealthcare Community Plan, visit the Policies and Protocols section.
Current News, Bulletins and Alerts
Current Alerts & Bulletins
- 09.04.2019 - Speech Therapy Prior Authorization Requirements Medical Necessity Reviews Delay Notification
- 08.16.2019 - DUR Educational Newsletter: Opioid and Buprenorphine Use for Treating Opioid Use Disorder
- 05.20.2019 - Louisiana Department of Health Informational Bulletin 19-9 - Urine Testing
- 05.02.2019 - Update to Procedure to Modifier Policy for “Always Therapy” Codes – Effective July 1, 2019
- 04.30.2019 - Quarterly Member PCP Assignment Analysis
- 03.22.2019 - How to Locate Specialists for UnitedHealthcare Community Plan Members
- 03.16.2019 - Non-Hospital Grade Breast Pump Network (Updated 5/24/2019)
- 02.14.2019 - Louisiana Department of Health Quarterly Eligibility Check
- 02.13.2019 - Reimbursement Update for Louisiana Medicaid HCPCS and Physician-Administered Drug 2019
- 01.25.2019 - New January 2019 !! Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Coverage of Electric Breast Pumps
- 11.27.2018 - New!! HPA 18-22: Preparation – 2019 Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System Update Note: To view all informational bulletins published by the Louisiana Department of Health please click on the "Access the View informational bulletins published by the Louisiana Department of Health," link.
- 09.17.2018 - Changes to LAMedicaid.com Provider Portal Login, MEVS Access
- 08.17.2018 - RHC and FQHC Reimbursement Rates July 1, 2018
- 07.09.2018 - How To Submit A Corrected Claim (July 2018)
- 06.29.2018 - New In 2018! UnitedHealthcare Community Plan Primary Care Professional Incentive Program Notice
- 05.17.2018 - Lousiana Department of Health Hepatitis C Criteria Revision Notice
- 04.09.0218 - 2018 CPT and HCPCS Claim System Edits
- 04.04.2018 - Update for Emergency Department (ED) Facility Evaluation and Management (E/M) Coding Reimbursement Policy
- 02.07.2018 - New Process for Inpatient Admission Notification
- 01.17.2018 - Change in Pap Smear Coverage for Members Ages 21 and Younger